Seeing formations in childhood?

thumbnail
Dark Night Yogi, modified 14 Years ago at 6/20/09 5:11 PM
Created 14 Years ago at 6/20/09 5:11 PM

Seeing formations in childhood?

Forum: Dharma Overground Discussion Forum

I had at least 2 experiences, one at about 6 or 8 then at 15 or 16, where i believe I saw a formation, as described here, followed with what seemed to be a very paranoid, delusional outburst. (desire for deliverance?)

Is this possible, or has anyone had similar experiences?
Namaste
thumbnail
Daniel M Ingram, modified 14 Years ago at 6/22/09 12:32 AM
Created 14 Years ago at 6/22/09 12:32 AM

RE: Seeing formations in childhood?

Give a little more information about the formations, the outburst, the exact timing of these, meaning the duration of each and the temporal relationship to the other, as well as any other contextualizing elements, and what is behind the question, meaning what practical benefit do you hope to get out of this discussion.
thumbnail
Dark Night Yogi, modified 14 Years ago at 6/22/09 2:52 AM
Created 14 Years ago at 6/22/09 2:52 AM

i remember seeing an object i could not explain, that had a sound like a buzz. i think it went on not as outbursts, but like a smooth state in a dream, then after, i think there are short glimpses of me wanting to go to the other edge of the world, and a feeling that i have 10 seconds to do it, then panicking at that thought, then that usually makes me wake up and run around wanting to die and screaming for deliverance, that lasts just about 2 minutes.

So its the weirdest experience that i had, and had it more than once, so it was just something that ive always been curious about. When I read about "formations", I thought it could be that. My intention is not that specific, it was just a reactive post to my curiosity and habit... though thinking, if better understanding or having even a general idea of what it was would benefit me in any way as possible.
thumbnail
triple think, modified 14 Years ago at 6/22/09 7:46 AM
Created 14 Years ago at 6/22/09 7:46 AM

I would recommend taking the five senses and the mind up as objects of meditation separately, getting very intimate with the function of each of them, right down into as fine detail as you can. Then you can widen out your attention and watch the whole thing as it streams in. The heightened attention that you develop by probing each sense on it's own as deeply as possible can then shift to following the process of formations forming and presenting to the mind.

The edge is everywhere, don't worry about it.
: > )
thumbnail
Dark Night Yogi, modified 14 Years ago at 12/5/09 11:31 AM
Created 14 Years ago at 12/5/09 11:29 AM

i think this is related to me having what i think is Depersonalization/Derealization experiences and panic attacks as a child and occasionally DP/DR now.

www.youtube.com/expandcontract shinzen young also talks about it in DP/DR and enlightenment somewhere here