Telepathy

This Good Self, modificado hace 10 años at 16/03/14 2:19
Created 10 años ago at 16/03/14 2:15

Telepathy

Mensajes: 946 Fecha de incorporación: 9/03/10 Mensajes recientes
Hi,

The other day I tried to tune into what a colleague was thinking, just for fun. I got two thoughts, both very specific, unusual and unrelated to work. Later in the day, he mentioned both things to me in conversation, in a way which demonstrated he had been thinking about these topics a lot. Both instances were well beyond the possibility of coincidence.

In the past I have only been able to do this with certain people.

I don't want to be an entertainer or fortune teller, but I would like to know of some sensible way I could use this in a job. An ideas very welcome and appreciated. Thanks.

NB I'm not particularly skilled at meditation and have no attainments to speak of.
thumbnail
sawfoot _, modificado hace 10 años at 16/03/14 6:45
Created 10 años ago at 16/03/14 6:45

RE: Telepathy

Mensajes: 507 Fecha de incorporación: 11/03/13 Mensajes recientes
C C C:
Hi,

The other day I tried to tune into what a colleague was thinking, just for fun. I got two thoughts, both very specific, unusual and unrelated to work. Later in the day, he mentioned both things to me in conversation, in a way which demonstrated he had been thinking about these topics a lot. Both instances were well beyond the possibility of coincidence.

In the past I have only been able to do this with certain people.

I don't want to be an entertainer or fortune teller, but I would like to know of some sensible way I could use this in a job. An ideas very welcome and appreciated. Thanks.

NB I'm not particularly skilled at meditation and have no attainments to speak of.

Arguably what our mutual friend David Blaine does is a form of performance art. So perhaps you could use it along those lines?
thumbnail
Jake , modificado hace 10 años at 16/03/14 18:39
Created 10 años ago at 16/03/14 18:39

Mensajes: 695 Fecha de incorporación: 22/05/10 Mensajes recientes
That's a good idea. or think of an occupation like sales wherein being able to pick up on stuff like that would directly translate into money. A huge aspect of sales in my somewhat limited experience is knowing what someone's objection is so you can address it. There is something very comforting people find in having you address their unexpressed/perhaps not fully consious to them/objections.

Or if you wanted to really go hardcore, this could come in handy in psychotherapy.
This Good Self, modificado hace 10 años at 16/03/14 22:12
Created 10 años ago at 16/03/14 22:12

Mensajes: 946 Fecha de incorporación: 9/03/10 Mensajes recientes
Thanks for the suggestions guys.

One thing I have noticed is that if you say something that is personal without first asking permission, it's very invasive and rude. Even when it's not true, it's still an affront. I have had this happen a few times to me, and it makes me realize that it's really better to just mind my own business. Note to self: ask first.