merging with the light in a lucid dream

thumbnail
C4 Chaos, módosítva 15 év-val korábban at 2009.03.24. 6:48
Created 15 év ago at 2009.03.24. 6:48

merging with the light in a lucid dream

Bejegyzések: 0 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2009.07.26. Legújabb bejegyzések
Forum: Practical Dharma

i experienced a series of lucid dreams again during my vipassana sitting/lying down practice. i won't bore you with the details of the content of the dream but i'd like to share a lesson in dream awareness i learned this morning.

next time you find yourself in lucid dream try this: look for a source of light (e.g. the moon, the sun, lamp, etc.). once you become aware of the light, focus on it, merge with it. something will happen, a shift in awareness, a shift in dream scenery, prolonging the lucid dream, or maybe even insight into the nature of the dream state.

give this a try, then let us know what happens.

~C
thumbnail
Gozen M L, módosítva 15 év-val korábban at 2009.03.24. 7:09
Created 15 év ago at 2009.03.24. 7:09

RE: merging with the light in a lucid dream

Bejegyzések: 0 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2009.05.12. Legújabb bejegyzések
Hi C,
That's an interesting approach to the lucid dream. Another one which I've found useful is sort of the opposite: In the dream, look at your hands. Then touch objects. The tactile sense (focus of attention) serves to increase the vividness of dream objects.
thumbnail
C4 Chaos, módosítva 15 év-val korábban at 2009.03.24. 9:23
Created 15 év ago at 2009.03.24. 9:23

RE: merging with the light in a lucid dream

Bejegyzések: 0 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2009.07.26. Legújabb bejegyzések
yes, looking at the hands in the dream state is also a good way to get lucid in the dream. i remember learning this from Castaneda's "The Art of Dreaming". this is one of the dream signals i use. for example, when i look at my hands in the dream i'll notice its shapes-shifting features, sometimes the colors change. the real challenge, of course, is to *remember* to look at them in the dream, let alone touch objects and feel the sensations emoticon

~C

Útkövető