Jared Lindahl and Willoughby Britton's Article, at last!

thumbnail
Daniel M Ingram, שונה לפני 7 שנים at 03:26 27/05/17
Created 7 שנים ago at 03:26 27/05/17

Jared Lindahl and Willoughby Britton's Article, at last!

פרסומים: 3275 תאריך הצטרפות: 20/04/09 פרסומים אחרונים
Eric Downes, שונה לפני 7 שנים at 15:46 01/06/17
Created 7 שנים ago at 15:46 01/06/17

RE: Jared Lindahl and Willoughby Britton's Article, at last!

פרסומים: 4 תאריך הצטרפות: 11/11/16 פרסומים אחרונים
Great!

it will be really nice to have something academic to reference when warning people off a simplistic view of "mindfulness" or path which ignores things like the dukkha ñanas.  After scanning through the paper that seems to be the big take-away.

Daniel -- do you know if they (or anyone) ever got together the funding to take a similar approach with regards specifically to the A&P?  E.g. identify people presenting with dark night symptoms, and interview + record + code the experiences preceding that stage, in a similar way?  It occurs to me that significant progress on this kind of thing could be made in a lightweight less-academic fashion without going through the usual IRB process etc.

Regardless, Thanks for posting the paper.
Eric
thumbnail
Daniel M Ingram, שונה לפני 7 שנים at 04:26 05/06/17
Created 7 שנים ago at 04:26 05/06/17

RE: Jared Lindahl and Willoughby Britton's Article, at last!

פרסומים: 3275 תאריך הצטרפות: 20/04/09 פרסומים אחרונים
That would be a great project, for certain, but I know of nobody studying the A&P, which is pretty crazy, considering how interesting and prevalent it is.

I keep thinking that some visionary anthropogist/phenomenologist will mine this place, and perhaps they have, but I haven't heard of it, as the reports that get posted here about the A&P are rich and abundant.

פירורי לחם