Brene Brown: The power of vulnerability

13年前 に Lloth _ によって更新されました。 at 10/12/24 10:15
Created 13年 ago at 10/12/24 10:15

Brene Brown: The power of vulnerability

投稿: 17 参加年月日: 09/08/22 最新の投稿
http://www.ted.com/talks/brene_brown_on_vulnerability.html

I was going to discount it when I first started it, but it sounds very relevant to Actualism practice.

This quote seems to stand out, "When you ask people of love, you ask people of heartbreak ..."
It seems that when we're not feeling the emotions, we tend to lament the loss of those emotions.

I've noticed that in respect to this practice, our default state is one of connection, and then everything the mind does seem to prevents that connection. It's almost like social connection is a brief glimpse into that realm, but then quickly disappears again.
13年前 に によって更新されました。 at 10/12/24 16:59
Created 13年 ago at 10/12/24 16:57

RE: Brene Brown: The power of vulnerability

投稿: 385 参加年月日: 10/08/11 最新の投稿
Super, Loth. Only 10m in and it's great. Thanks.
thumbnail
13年前 に Martin M によって更新されました。 at 10/12/24 20:05
Created 13年 ago at 10/12/24 20:05

RE: Brene Brown: The power of vulnerability

投稿: 91 参加年月日: 09/09/03 最新の投稿
Lloth _:
http://www.ted.com/talks/brene_brown_on_vulnerability.html

I was going to discount it when I first started it, but it sounds very relevant to Actualism practice.

This quote seems to stand out, "When you ask people of love, you ask people of heartbreak ..."
It seems that when we're not feeling the emotions, we tend to lament the loss of those emotions.

I've noticed that in respect to this practice, our default state is one of connection, and then everything the mind does seem to prevents that connection. It's almost like social connection is a brief glimpse into that realm, but then quickly disappears again.

Interesting talk, nevertheless I don´t quite come to the same conclusion. Although she recognizes shame and fear of loss of connection as the causes for "heartbreak" (i.e. sorrow), a short time later she preaches forgiveness, surrender (being vulnerable) in order to love/and be loved unconditionally. She talks about the insight that we cannot numb our negative feelings without numbing our "positive" feelings, but never dared to question those "positive" feelings and their neccessity in the first place.
She claims to have a firm scientific perspective and to reject spirituality ("I don´t like to hang out with these people" etc), but clearly advocates the same values.

パンくずリスト