an example of psychic currents

Harry Potter, modificado 13 Anos atrás at 07/03/11 20:13
Created 13 Anos ago at 07/03/11 20:12

an example of psychic currents

Postagens: 12 Data de Entrada: 07/03/11 Postagens Recentes
Richard differentiates between vibes and currents. He says "emotional ‘vibes’ are fairly obvious as in you can feel another’s fear, anger, love and so on when in physical proximity. Whereas psychic ‘currents’ span distance instantly."

He provides an example for vibes, "returning from a walk abroad one is in good spirits ... yet as one goes to open the front door to one’s house a feeling of unease, of disquietude may be felt. Upon entering the supposed safety and sanctity of one’s own house one finds one’s husband and/or wife and/or mother and/or father and/or brother and/or sister fuming and ready and willing to give one a serve for either deserved or undeserved wrongs that one may or may not have committed. One felt it through a closed door." (link)

I cannot however find an example of psychic currents that "span distance instantly". Could anyone add to this?
Nad A, modificado 13 Anos atrás at 08/03/11 01:05
Created 13 Anos ago at 08/03/11 01:05

RE: an example of psychic currents

Postagens: 237 Data de Entrada: 26/08/10 Postagens Recentes
I'd be interested to hear the answer to this too because I don't believe a word of it. There's no evidence that anyone can feel another's emotions - rather than a mirrored emotion generated in your own brain - let alone currents that span distances. Richard does say they're not actual, so how they can span actual distances is incomprehensible.
This Good Self, modificado 13 Anos atrás at 08/03/11 03:07
Created 13 Anos ago at 08/03/11 02:12

Postagens: 946 Data de Entrada: 09/03/10 Postagens Recentes
Richard is a very poor communicator unfortunately. His amazing vocabulary goes only a small way towards making up for his shortcomings as a writer.
===========================================================
from: http://www.ttms.org/writing_quality/writing_quality.htm (brackets are mine)

What is Good Writing?

Ideas that are interesting and important. Ideas are the heart of the piece — what the writer is writing about and the information he or she chooses to write about it. (PASS - extremely interesting subject)

Organization that is logical and effective. Organization refers to the order of ideas and the way the writer moves from one idea to the next. (website FAILS)

Voice that is individual and appropriate. Voice is how the writing feels to someone when they read it. Is it formal or casual? Is it friendly and inviting or reserved and standoffish? Voice is the expression of the writer's personality through words. (FAIL - voice is unnecessarily formal, IMO)

Word Choice that is specific and memorable. Good writing uses just the right words to say just the right things. (FAIL, verbose, nit picking semantics)

Sentence Fluency that is smooth and expressive. Fluent sentences are easy to understand and fun to read with expression. (FAIL - definition of "unfluent")

Conventions that are correct and communicative. Conventions are the ways we all agree to use punctuation, spelling, grammar, and other things that make writing consistent and easy to read. (PASS - grammar, punctuation spelling etc are exemplary, but who cares?!!)
Nad A, modificado 13 Anos atrás at 26/03/11 21:11
Created 13 Anos ago at 26/03/11 21:11

Nobody has anything to say on this?
thumbnail
Beoman Claudiu Dragon Emu Fire Golem, modificado 13 Anos atrás at 29/03/11 06:47
Created 13 Anos ago at 29/03/11 06:47

Postagens: 2227 Data de Entrada: 27/10/10 Postagens Recentes
Harry Potter:
Richard differentiates between vibes and currents. He says "emotional ‘vibes’ are fairly obvious as in you can feel another’s fear, anger, love and so on when in physical proximity. Whereas psychic ‘currents’ span distance instantly."

He provides an example for vibes, "returning from a walk abroad one is in good spirits ... yet as one goes to open the front door to one’s house a feeling of unease, of disquietude may be felt. Upon entering the supposed safety and sanctity of one’s own house one finds one’s husband and/or wife and/or mother and/or father and/or brother and/or sister fuming and ready and willing to give one a serve for either deserved or undeserved wrongs that one may or may not have committed. One felt it through a closed door." (link)

I cannot however find an example of psychic currents that "span distance instantly". Could anyone add to this?

Just a few:

Richard:
‘All sentient beings, to a greater or lesser extent, are connected via a psychic web ... a network of energies or currents that range from ‘good’ to ‘bad’. Feeling threatened or intimidated can result from the obvious cues – the offering of physical violence and/or verbal violence – or from the less obvious ... ‘vibe’ violence (to use a ‘60’s term) and/or psychic violence. Similarly, feeling accepted can occur via the same signals or intimations. Power trips – coercion or manipulation of any kind – whether for ‘good’ or ‘bad’ purposes, are all psychic at root ... the psychic currents are the most effective power plays for they are the most insidious (charisma, for example).’
GARY: However, the fears have taken on a somewhat different spin, at times feeling myself to be the object of derision or discrimination.
RICHARD: Ah, yes ... derision, eh? Another emotional vibe, or psychic current, to add to the short list (above) of powerful social tools ... which would have to include disparagement, scorn, mockery, disdain, belittlement, vilification, denigration, contempt, castigation, disapprobation, denunciation, and condemnation (and discrimination as evidenced by bad-mouthing, backbiting, slander, libel, defamation and a whole range of slurs, smears, censures, admonishments, reproaches, reprovals, and so on). (link)

That seems to be about it. doesn't seem to be too much of a distinction..
Nad A, modificado 13 Anos atrás at 29/03/11 10:29
Created 13 Anos ago at 29/03/11 10:29

Hard to make distinctions and clear definitions for things that are imaginary. There is no evidence that any of these currents, vibes, psychic network, akashic records, etc exist outside of a feeling-fuelled imagination. Richard says he doesn't need research because it's 'obvious' to him. Well, there are all kinds of silly superstitions that seem 'obvious' to people.

ALAN: It would be easy to prove, or disprove, by setting up an experiment with one person blindfolded, not able to hear and not able to smell (as pheromones could be involved) and introducing others radiating love, anger etc into their presence. I am not aware of any research which has been done on ‘vibes’ – are you?

RICHARD: I have not looked for any research as it has been so obvious from personal experience and in discussing with others. For example: returning from a walk abroad one is in good spirits ... yet as one goes to open the front door to one’s house a feeling of unease, of disquietude may be felt. Upon entering the supposed safety and sanctity of one’s own house one finds one’s husband and/or wife and/or mother and/or father and/or brother and/or sister fuming and ready and willing to give one a serve for either deserved or undeserved wrongs that one may or may not have committed. One felt it through a closed door.

http://actualfreedom.com.au/richard/listafcorrespondence/listafalana.htm#akashic record

I hope this kind of thinking is unique to Richard and is not characteristic of all actually-free people.
This Good Self, modificado 13 Anos atrás at 29/03/11 21:49
Created 13 Anos ago at 29/03/11 21:49

Postagens: 946 Data de Entrada: 09/03/10 Postagens Recentes
All manner of psychic energy and information passes between people continuously, whether in close proximity or over distance. I have lots of highly unusual experiences recorded.

If you need something more independent, try Rupert Sheldrake's website here:

http://www.sheldrake.org/homepage.htm

Has experiments on telepathy for example.
thumbnail
Bruno Loff, modificado 13 Anos atrás at 30/03/11 02:57
Created 13 Anos ago at 30/03/11 02:57

Postagens: 1096 Data de Entrada: 30/08/09 Postagens Recentes
Nad A.:

I hope this kind of thinking is unique to Richard and is not characteristic of all actually-free people.

Why would it matter one way or another? It's either a fact or it's not. I've had quite a few odd coincidences happen, most people report having such experiences at some point in their lives.

Regardless if the psychic web exists or not (whether it could be measured somehow or not), I would rather do without it.
Mikha Rlin, modificado 13 Anos atrás at 30/03/11 19:25
Created 13 Anos ago at 30/03/11 19:25

Postagens: 15 Data de Entrada: 29/12/10 Postagens Recentes
Hello =]

Here are some more of Richard's writings on the subject:

• [Richard]: ‘... there is an interconnectedness between all the emotional and passional entities – all emotional and passional entities are connected via a psychic web – a network of invisible vibes and currents. This interconnectedness in action is a powerful force – colloquially called ‘energy’ or ‘energies’ – wherein one entity can either seek power over another entity or seek communion with another entity by affective and/or psychic influence’.

Put briefly: a feeling being (an emotional/ passional entity within a body) imbues thought with affectivity and those affectively-tinged/ affectively-charged thoughts are involuntarily broadcast, as psychic currents/ energies, into the real world (the world of the psyche) ... thus another feeling being does not pick-up thoughts as such but, rather, intuitively feels what those psychic currents/ energies convey.
Hence the inaccuracy inherent to psychic phenomena ... but that is another topic

http://actualfreedom.com.au/richard/listafcorrespondence/listaf122.htm

Caminho de Navegação