Does an arhat perceive reality like everything happens by itself?

yoni cohen, modificado 5 Anos atrás at 08/10/18 13:04
Created 5 Anos ago at 08/10/18 13:04

Does an arhat perceive reality like everything happens by itself?

Postagens: 8 Data de Entrada: 02/10/18 Postagens Recentes
Sometimes I have experiences while I meditate or doing simple tasks in life that I use no effort and still everything happens by itself without a sense of self.
Does an arhat perceive reality like everything happens by itself 100% of the time?
I can assume that it's possible while doing simple taskes (like cutting onions) but is it possible while doing complex tasks like thinking about hard problems/learning something new?
If it's really possible theoretically arhats could learn/work like crazy effortlessly..

The Tao Te Ching talks a lot about non-doing and non-action, is it similar to the buddhist enlightenment fruits?

Thank you very much emoticon
Keshin lu, modificado 5 Anos atrás at 09/10/18 00:42
Created 5 Anos ago at 09/10/18 00:40

RE: Does an arhat perceive reality like everything happens by itself?

Postagens: 34 Data de Entrada: 31/07/18 Postagens Recentes
Hi Gal

First bat : I’m not saying I’m arahant....

I live with this emptiness in my mind. It’s like having a blackhole where everything that comes into it, dissipate. Similarly, the worlds of emotions, thinking, memories happens around that blackhole. Yes, I don’t get angry or hurt or tired, but my body can feel all of that. There is a very define centre before, but now it’s fractal. It’s a permanent shift and not out of sun efforts.
thumbnail
Daniel M Ingram, modificado 5 Anos atrás at 09/10/18 00:49
Created 5 Anos ago at 09/10/18 00:49

Postagens: 3275 Data de Entrada: 20/04/09 Postagens Recentes
Yes, 100%. The illusion of a separate, stable, independent self that is doing, controlling, knowing, or stabily being is utterly seen through. Everything happens by itself.
yoni cohen, modificado 5 Anos atrás at 09/10/18 01:53
Created 5 Anos ago at 09/10/18 01:51

Daniel M. Ingram:
Yes, 100%. The illusion of a separate, stable, independent self that is doing, controlling, knowing, or stabily being is utterly seen through. Everything happens by itself.

So for example, can you impose the intention to read a complex book on mathematics for 8 hours and during these 8 hours the act of reading will be effortless? the effort sensation will arise? or when running a marathon for example, what can stop an arhat from continuing running? is the body will stop complying the mind intention to run eventually ?
yoni cohen, modificado 5 Anos atrás at 09/10/18 01:52
Created 5 Anos ago at 09/10/18 01:52

van lu:
Hi Gal

First bat : I’m not saying I’m arahant....

I live with this emptiness in my mind. It’s like having a blackhole where everything that comes into it, dissipate. Similarly, the worlds of emotions, thinking, memories happens around that blackhole. Yes, I don’t get angry or hurt or tired, but my body can feel all of that. There is a very define centre before, but now it’s fractal. It’s a permanent shift and not out of sun efforts.

What do you mean by you don't get tired, can you clarify this point please?
Keshin lu, modificado 5 Anos atrás at 09/10/18 03:03
Created 5 Anos ago at 09/10/18 03:03

Postagens: 34 Data de Entrada: 31/07/18 Postagens Recentes
The body gets tired, exhausted, feel anger, feel love,  but the mind is still empty. The body is still a body. Only 2 intentions left, to keep this body running and to keep it running for the benefit of all. No other intentions exist.
J C, modificado 5 Anos atrás at 16/10/18 04:55
Created 5 Anos ago at 16/10/18 04:55

Postagens: 644 Data de Entrada: 24/04/13 Postagens Recentes
Gal Harth:
Daniel M. Ingram:

So for example, can you impose the intention to read a complex book on mathematics for 8 hours and during these 8 hours the act of reading will be effortless? the effort sensation will arise? or when running a marathon for example, what can stop an arhat from continuing running? is the body will stop complying the mind intention to run eventually ?

No, nothing changes, it's just correctly perceived as stuff just happening, like you're watching a movie, instead of seeming like you're choosing it or doing it. So sensations of fatigue, desire to quit, frustration, boredom, distraction, weakness of will, intentions to take a break, and so on still come up, and actions like quitting, losing concentration, not doing what you intended, rationalizing, and making excuses all still happen just like they did before.

Caminho de Navegação