Anyone practiced kriya yoga?

thumbnail
Brian K,修改在9 年前。 at 14-8-2 下午1:44
Created 9 年 ago at 14-8-2 下午1:44

Anyone practiced kriya yoga?

帖子: 142 加入日期: 12-4-18 最近的帖子
So I've started the preliminary practices of kriya yoga, as outlined in the almost 1000 page course, A Systematic Course in theAncient Tantric Techniques of Yoga and Kriya, by Swami Satyananda. And was wondering if anyone has any experience with this. I am planning on progessing through each lesson and posting a practice log on the DhO. Let me know, thanks!
thumbnail
tom moylan,修改在9 年前。 at 14-8-3 上午8:27
Created 9 年 ago at 14-8-3 上午8:27

RE: Anyone practiced kriya yoga?

帖子: 896 加入日期: 11-3-7 最近的帖子
Hi Brian,
good luck making it through the course.  i don't know enough specifically about Kriya yoga to give specific advice but you might want to check out the Advanced Yoga Practices website.

www.aypsite.org

cheers

tom
thumbnail
Jean B,修改在9 年前。 at 14-8-3 下午5:49
Created 9 年 ago at 14-8-3 下午5:49

帖子: 212 加入日期: 14-1-7 最近的帖子
I did practice kriya yoga for 2 years, with interspersed months of dedicated practice and months of no practice. The mix of pranayama, concentration and asanas is very effective in gaining great body and mind relaxation. I did stop because it takes at least 2 or 3 hours of daily practice to really gain some momentum, and I couldn't afford it. Also I experienced strong pressure in my forehead which bothered me a lot, then I was quite frightened because it got stronger and stronger, and no one could explain what was going on. So I dit quit kriya yoga then started again with other practices.
thumbnail
Brian K,修改在9 年前。 at 14-8-3 下午5:52
Created 9 年 ago at 14-8-3 下午5:52

帖子: 142 加入日期: 12-4-18 最近的帖子
Really? This book, which from what I understand is generally in well regard (not to mention it's one of the only detailed books in print on kriya yoga in english), gives practice routines from 1-2 hours daily. Where did you learn kriya yoga/ what school?
thumbnail
Jean B,修改在9 年前。 at 14-8-3 下午8:35
Created 9 年 ago at 14-8-3 下午8:34

帖子: 212 加入日期: 14-1-7 最近的帖子
I took the initiation from French association Kriya Yoga Shanaram. You can check their lineage on their website (in French) : http://kriya-yoga-sharanam.com/les-maitres-de-la-tradition

The basis routine was 40 min - 1 hour long, and we were encouraged to practice it twice daily. There was also a mantra routine with a 108-beads mala to be done at least once daily. Summing it up, it needed at least 1.5 to 2 hours a day, sometimes even more. There was also some routines of asanas that we were also encouraged to practice several times a week. It is a really beautiful, complete and potent practice, for those with the needed time.

I guess one could also do the basis practice in 20 min, summing up to 40 min per day, and get rid of the other practices, but I think it works better with some dedication.

I might say that this is my point of view, after only 2 years of mitigate practice, so it's probably not worth a lot.

面包屑导航