Aloka David Smith new interview

帖子: 401 加入日期: 14-6-19 最近的帖子
thumbnail
Florian,修改在9 年前。 at 14-8-16 上午8:46
Created 9 年 ago at 14-8-16 上午8:45

RE: Aloka David Smith new interview

帖子: 1028 加入日期: 09-4-28 最近的帖子
I really enjoyed it.

His analysis of Equanimity Ñana and Stream Entry is totally spot on, I think.

I also like his emphasis on emotional development and grounding awareness in the body.

Good stuff, pretty hardcore (in the DhO sense).

There's also an audio version and a podcast feed, via the Batgap Home Page, for those who don't like to sit in front of the computer for hours listening to it

Cheers,
Florian
thumbnail
Karalee Peltomaa,修改在9 年前。 at 14-8-16 下午12:34
Created 9 年 ago at 14-8-16 下午12:34

帖子: 401 加入日期: 14-6-19 最近的帖子
Yes, it was his emphasis on the basics of the actual doingness'es that eventually brought me to this forum.   For the first time I felt I understood what I was supposed to do and to accomplish while doing it.   

The only thing I bring to the practice that he does not have clearly is a checklist of basic goal sets which I see as the threads of the mind -- just pull the thread and huge segments of the thouight, emotion, effort, and other phenomenon just fall away (eventually).

I like his emphasis on not running away from the mind -- passively facing its turmoil.   He gave me a spine  :-))
thumbnail
Jason Snyder,修改在9 年前。 at 14-8-17 下午1:30
Created 9 年 ago at 14-8-17 下午1:30

帖子: 186 加入日期: 13-10-25 最近的帖子
I absolutely loved how he described his experience through stream entry and his emphasis on getting in the thick of difficult emotions and seeing their true nature. I was however turned off by his dismisal of secular Vipassana and mixing and matching of techniques. 

面包屑导航