Concentrated Brahmavihara Techniques

thumbnail
Braxton,修改在9 年前。 at 14-9-12 下午3:45
Created 9 年 ago at 14-9-12 下午3:45

Concentrated Brahmavihara Techniques

帖子: 11 加入日期: 11-11-12 最近的帖子
Hey Guys,
So I have a fair amount of experience with all of the Brahmaviharas and doing other techniques recommended by Shinzen. His are known as "Nurture Positive" and are a little different, but I get that it is at least in the same ball park. Recently I have had an uproar of rage, loneliness, and suffering in my daily life. It feels as if there is a clenching in my gut, I start to sweat, and it feels like my heart is burning. I've been primarily working with choice-less awareness lately, which I use, but my teacher suggested I start incorperating more loving-kindness-ish practices right now. 

Typically I feel fairly all over the place with my Brahmaviharas-ish stuff. I'll be using the phrase "May I open to uncondintional love" and feeling love, then doing traditional metta phrases, then if I start crying and having rage uproars using the phrase "May my suffering be held with compassion." I think working in this way is having benificial results, but I'de like to simplify and have a more concentrated Brahmavihara-ish (as in pragmatic heart opening techniques) sits. Any tips on doing this with the emotions I mentioned above coming up? Sometimes I just don't have the motivation to do loving kindness and go back to choiceless awareness, but really feel some heart practices would be helpful right now. 
thumbnail
Dream Walker,修改在9 年前。 at 14-9-12 下午4:07
Created 9 年 ago at 14-9-12 下午4:07

RE: Concentrated Brahmavihara Techniques

帖子: 1746 加入日期: 12-1-18 最近的帖子
Jeremy May,修改在9 年前。 at 14-9-13 上午12:00
Created 9 年 ago at 14-9-13 上午12:00

帖子: 191 加入日期: 14-8-12 最近的帖子
Dream walker, where did you get the anu gif?
thumbnail
Braxton,修改在9 年前。 at 14-9-13 下午10:16
Created 9 年 ago at 14-9-13 下午10:16

帖子: 11 加入日期: 11-11-12 最近的帖子
Dream Walker:

I had in the past, but just refreshed myself on it now. Really interesting stuff, thanks. I'm considering getting into some more devotional practices and someone had a link to Reggie Ray's Boddhichita practice which seem cool. 

面包屑导航