Burning sensation left after scan

Nicolas Desbiens, modified 5 Years ago at 3/20/19 4:48 PM
Created 5 Years ago at 3/20/19 4:48 PM

Burning sensation left after scan

Hello everyone, 

I had a slightly strange problem in my first retreat and in my meditation after,

Sometimes when I do body scan I feel some craving about releiving myself from pain and suffering and also other reasons, the point is when I do my body scan in a kind of craving or doubt situation in my head, I seem to feel sharp burning sensation everywhere I scan on my body and those sensations can often last a little while.

I obviously know I have to work on my equanimity but can one create lasting sensation by not being in the right mindset or it's just sensation from deep under that I'm bringing back to the surface.

Thank you all
Bailey Nolan Tran, modified 5 Years ago at 3/20/19 9:04 PM
Created 5 Years ago at 3/20/19 9:04 PM

RE: Burning sensation left after scan

First of all I think you should check on your body to see why your body is feeling burning sensation. The point of the body scan is to be in tune with your body and making sure that every thing is running well. Perhaps the reason your feeling this burning sensation is that there is some physiological problem underlying the feeling. If after you checked this out it is just a byproduct of the meditation than you should use it as fuel to build up a equinamous mindset.