Message Boards Message Boards

Books and Websites

What you say "yes" to

Toggle
What you say "yes" to
Answer
8/31/19 4:51 AM
LIked this article on what you say "yes" and "no" to. Seemed relevant to a number of discussions here.

Enjoy!

Daniel

RE: What you say "yes" to
Answer
8/31/19 5:21 AM as a reply to Daniel M. Ingram.
Daniel M. Ingram:
LIked this article on what you say "yes" and "no" to. Seemed relevant to a number of discussions here.

Enjoy!

Daniel
I particularly liked this bit : )

"Your past identity is what you’ll say yes to tomorrow. Who you were in the past is a product of future decisions, because memories are highly fluid and change based on current and future experiences. No matter how dark or conflicted your past, it can absolutely be transformed."

Answer
8/31/19 5:49 AM as a reply to Milo.
A guy I worked with had this quote on his email: "It is easier to SEE what someone believes than to have them TELL you."

Answer
8/31/19 8:27 AM as a reply to Daniel M. Ingram.
In my professional life I've made it my mantra to stick to only a few priorities. So "yes" to those and "no" to most others. It's a godsend.

Answer
8/31/19 11:48 AM as a reply to Daniel M. Ingram.
My meditative practice has had the effect that I say no to a lot of junk because I value time for practice more. As a result, I feel that I have more time now than before I started meditating daily.

Answer
8/31/19 1:13 PM as a reply to Daniel M. Ingram.
I heard this podcast recently about what could be seen as the other side of the point Benjamin Hardy makes, and found it very interesting:
https://player.fm/series/more-science-from-scientific-american/jacks-of-all-trades-make-the-grade

Answer
8/31/19 1:37 PM as a reply to junglist.

Answer
9/10/19 12:41 PM as a reply to Daniel M. Ingram.
Fantastic article, Daniel. Especially relevant to me right now.

Answer
9/10/19 8:14 PM as a reply to Daniel M. Ingram.
Walk the talk.