What was this "waking dream" experience?

Rachel, modified 4 Years ago at 11/8/19 1:23 PM
Created 4 Years ago at 11/8/19 1:23 PM

What was this "waking dream" experience?

I had a really cool experience a few weeks ago. I tend to have a lot of dreams, and have developed an interest in lucid dreaming. I was at work when I saw a women walking on the other side of the building, and when I turned my head I saw two identical looking men turn the corner and nod their head at me at the same time. I instantly had the thought “This is a dream.” or “This is just like a dream.” It seemed like my perspective shifted from “this is me” and “this is them” to “these are dream characters and they are apart of one big experience that is occurring.” I knew that I actually wasn’t in a dream, but I continued to have glimpses of this experience throughout the day and I did do many reality checks throughout the day to see if I was actually dreaming or not.

I don’t know much about anything when it comes to spirituality. Do you have any insights or comments about this experience and what it could be? I keep finding myself thinking about this experience and the insights I gained from it - particularly the idea that everything is just apart of “one big experience” and is less separate than I typically think everything is, for lack of a better explanation.
thumbnail
Mista Tibbs, modified 4 Years ago at 11/8/19 5:49 PM
Created 4 Years ago at 11/8/19 1:49 PM

RE: What was this "waking dream" experience?

Rachel:
I tend to have a lot of dreams, and have developed an interest in lucid dreaming... It seemed like my perspective shifted from “this is me” and “this is them” to “these are dream characters and they are apart of one big experience that is occurring.”

Consciousness can be crystallized... The more it is played with, the easier it becomes to "manifest". These things are as "real" as an idea is "real". The framework of your mind governs the density. The mind works by following the framework you provide it.

Maybe this creative expression can be translated into more worldly applications for you, and maybe calming down on the dreaming could be helpful too. The dream realm lies before deep sleep, which is essential for maintenance of the body.
thumbnail
Bardo, modified 4 Years ago at 11/9/19 11:21 PM
Created 4 Years ago at 11/9/19 11:21 PM

RE: What was this "waking dream" experience?

Rachel:
I had a really cool experience a few weeks ago. I tend to have a lot of dreams, and have developed an interest in lucid dreaming. I was at work when I saw a women walking on the other side of the building, and when I turned my head I saw two identical looking men turn the corner and nod their head at me at the same time. I instantly had the thought “This is a dream.” or “This is just like a dream.” It seemed like my perspective shifted from “this is me” and “this is them” to “these are dream characters and they are apart of one big experience that is occurring.” I knew that I actually wasn’t in a dream, but I continued to have glimpses of this experience throughout the day and I did do many reality checks throughout the day to see if I was actually dreaming or not.

I don’t know much about anything when it comes to spirituality. Do you have any insights or comments about this experience and what it could be? I keep finding myself thinking about this experience and the insights I gained from it - particularly the idea that everything is just apart of “one big experience” and is less separate than I typically think everything is, for lack of a better explanation.

Lucidity in sleeping dreams can be helpful in raising our levels of curiosity about what is actually happening here. However, when you wake in the morning the dream state continues but with some variations in perception: the senses join back with the mind to perceive more dense forms and this comes with the collective agreement from the observation of others that you're awake. This is ignorance. Sometimes, however during our physical waking state we can enter periods of lucidity and these moments of lucidity come in a wide variety of experiences. So, while lucidity in sleeping dreams arouse our curiosity, lucidity in the physical domain of existence is where we can really work with the malleability of the dream and realize that it is precisely that: a dream.

Breadcrumb