Adult development blog

thumbnail
Corey Palmer, modified 4 Years ago at 12/11/19 6:24 AM
Created 4 Years ago at 12/11/19 6:20 AM

Adult development blog

I've been practicing post-traditional meditation for a few years (note I've been a member since mid-2016) and have lurked here from time to time since, enjoying the discussion.

I recently started a blog dedicated to communicating about a stage development approach to personal growth and self-improvement. Given the practicality and stage progression of Daniel's approach and the intelligent people here, I think the explanations would benefit from your feedback.

I'm inspired by David Chapman's work on Robert Kegan and wish to communicate stage development to a broader audience. Meditation, while valuable outside of any sort of self-improvement or growth end, can also serve as a way of enriching, expanding, and re-defining our sense of self, and that's another reason your feedback would be valuable.

As part of this blog, I created a graphic that I hope serves as an overview or big picture that I can display and refer to later, in more detailed posts.
I could use some feedback on this graphic. It's a big piece, so all feedback is welcome. If digesting the whole thing is overwhelming, you might pick one paragraph, give your thoughts, and leave it at that. I will love it if you take in the whole thing, too.https://drive.google.com/…/1_Aokc3XF3CvFXyLy2TyZfkx5W…/view…

Feel free to comment here or on the google doc. Some questions that might help stir up some feedback ideas:

Do you understand what this graphic is trying to do? How might it land with a general audience?

What is your take on communicating the high theory type concepts some of us at Dharma Overground like to wrestle with to a broader audience? How does that work? How might it be worth doing?

Does this graphic make sense?
What feelings does it evoke in you?
Does it seem like the transitions between life stages make sense?
Does anything not make sense? How so?

Thanks everyone.
thumbnail
Chris M, modified 4 Years ago at 12/11/19 6:59 AM
Created 4 Years ago at 12/11/19 6:59 AM

RE: Adult development blog

What is your unique contribution to this area?

Breadcrumb