Message Boards Message Boards

Books and Websites

LSD & The Mind of The Universe: Diamonds From Heaven

Toggle
Just gonna park this post here, until someone else reads the 2019 book:  "LSD & The Mind of The Universe: Diamonds From Heaven" by Christoper M. Bache, Ph.D., Professor in Dept. of Philosophy and Religious Studies at Youngstown State University.  "Bache set out to explore his mind, and the mind of the universe, as deeply and systematically as possible. Following protocols established by Stanislov Grof, Bache's 73 high-dose LSD sessions, over the course of 20 years, drew him into a deepening communion with cosmic consciousness." You guys are fans of the Dark Night? You'll love this book. A few Tibetan Vajrayana references. In the meantime, I'll try to keep reading  this book, being frightened, and hoping the material within doesn't secretly plant itself somewhere in my mind. I have my own thoughts about this, but I want to hear from more experienced and knowledgeable mind explorers.

RE: LSD & The Mind of The Universe: Diamonds From Heaven
Answer
2/28/20 12:53 AM as a reply to EdMelvin.
Have you experienced LSD and/or other psychedelic drugs yourself?

Answer
2/28/20 12:07 PM as a reply to Ni Nurta.
Ni Nurta:
Have you experienced LSD and/or other psychedelic drugs yourself?

3 times, recreational low doses, 1960's. Fairly enjoyable, no more after. Much later meditation and depression/anxiety revealed a brand new "reality" of the vistas of mental suffering. For 35 years now, NOTHING. Too sensitive, medication-phobic, brain now contains well-worn, intermittently active anxiety pathways. Hence, my fascination with related topics.

Answer
2/29/20 5:49 PM as a reply to EdMelvin.
Thanks for the link. I notice that there is an audio book too, which is probably how I'll tackle this - on my commute. Forward by Ervin Laszlo  seals the deal for me. emoticon