Eye lids cessation

Alessandro Migliori, modified 2 Years ago at 3/30/21 1:26 PM
Created 2 Years ago at 3/30/21 1:26 PM

Eye lids cessation

Hi, don t know if this is the right place to ask for this 

I ve read of kenneth folk s methods of inducing cessation doing something with the flickering of eye lids, and that some people of here accomplished that, but i can t find very precise instructions, looks like a good methods to have and master trough time also if could not be able to do it now. 

​​​​​​​Could someone explain it? 
​​​​​
thumbnail
Nikolai , modified 2 Years ago at 3/31/21 3:36 AM
Created 2 Years ago at 3/31/21 3:30 AM

RE: Eye lids cessation

This is how it works for me. I would make my eyelids flicker quickly, then I would relinquish control of the flickering  almost like letting the eyelids flicker on the remaining momentum of the initial volitional flicker , flickering by themselves, and then direct attention to the very ending of the very last sensation of the very last peetering-out eyelid flicker and its cessation, the moment the last flicker actually ceases. when I do that it triggers an actual cessation. 

kind regards

Nick
Alessandro Migliori, modified 2 Years ago at 3/31/21 5:26 AM
Created 2 Years ago at 3/31/21 5:23 AM

-This is how it works for me. I would make my eyelids flicker quickly,-

How do you do it?
It s ok to look up while having closed eyes?
And for how much time?
​​​​​​​ I can t understand if it s somethin​​​​g like 10 seconds or 10 minutes

​​​​​​​Thanks for the answer
thumbnail
Nikolai , modified 2 Years ago at 3/31/21 3:24 PM
Created 2 Years ago at 3/31/21 3:08 PM

Hey,

Yes, I also look upwards when I do it. And it takes less than a second for the cessation to get triggered, then the mind reboots. The idea is to pay attention to the very end of the flickering's cessation. That is key as I see it. The lead up to that matters little. In fact you pay attention to the very moment any phenomena vanishes and let the mind follow suit, follow the cessation, could possibly  trigger the cessation. 

Kenneth once talked about paying attention to the sound of the rail tracks as he travelled on a train and trying to catch the very ending of each rail track clunk in order to trigger a cessation.

I used to pay attention to the very ending of the sound and feel of an outgoing breath to trigger them as well. The key is to allow the mind to "follow" the cessation so to speak into cessation. 

also , 1st path is kind of a prerequisite for the eye flickering approach in my opinion. 

hope this helps

​​​​​​​nick 
Alessandro Migliori, modified 2 Years ago at 3/31/21 3:42 PM
Created 2 Years ago at 3/31/21 3:41 PM

Yes this helped.
​​​​​​​Thanks a lot 

Breadcrumb