My Friend Died Yesterday

Kelly Gordon Weeks, modified 2 Years ago at 8/4/21 12:08 PM
Created 2 Years ago at 8/4/21 9:30 AM

My Friend Died Yesterday

We were not very close but I had known him for over 20 years. He died of a heart attack without warning. Fortunately, he didn't suffer for very long.

Yesterday was pretty intense for my family. emoticon

Today I had a beautiful meditation in which I was able to relive the last moments in which I saw him. I was on a boat at his cabin. We were trying to leave but our boat wasn't working. We were close to shore and he waded out into the water to secure our boat so that we wouldn't drift into shore. It was a beautiful sunny day. The 3rd of July.

Finally, we were able to repair the boat and we started driving away. I could see him on the beach getting smaller and smaller in the distance as we were heading back home. He was smiling and waving us goodbye.

This didn't happen in real life, but in my meditation I said "I'll see you again someday old friend." I felt as though I was really speaking to him. 

This was perhaps the most beautiful and healing meditation that I've experienced. Just thought I'd share.

I hope that you are well my friends.

-Kelly
thumbnail
David Matte, modified 2 Years ago at 8/4/21 11:39 AM
Created 2 Years ago at 8/4/21 11:39 AM

RE: My Friend Died Yesterday

Hi Kelly,

Thank you for sharing that beautiful vision of your friend in your meditation. I want to extend my compassion to you in this time of grieving the loss of your friend. May your friend come to live in your heart! ♥️
Kelly Gordon Weeks, modified 2 Years ago at 8/4/21 4:17 PM
Created 2 Years ago at 8/4/21 4:17 PM

Thank you David!
thumbnail
Kaloyan Stefanov, modified 2 Years ago at 8/5/21 3:38 AM
Created 2 Years ago at 8/5/21 3:38 AM

Thanks for sharing, Kelly! My condolences!

​​​​​​​Your story is very beautiful. Another great case of how our lifes are the Path, and how Meaing (the contents our experiences, visions, dreams) is often deeply interwined with Insight and Healing on the Path! May this bring peace, joy, healing and freedom to you and others!
thumbnail
Papa Che Dusko, modified 2 Years ago at 8/5/21 4:01 AM
Created 2 Years ago at 8/5/21 4:01 AM

Sorry to hear that. I lost a very important person years ago and still I miss that person. 

Best wishes to you!
Kelly Gordon Weeks, modified 2 Years ago at 8/5/21 7:29 AM
Created 2 Years ago at 8/5/21 7:29 AM

Thank you Kaloyan!
Kelly Gordon Weeks, modified 2 Years ago at 8/5/21 7:30 AM
Created 2 Years ago at 8/5/21 7:30 AM

Thank you my friend!
thumbnail
Linda ”Polly Ester” Ö, modified 2 Years ago at 8/5/21 11:11 AM
Created 2 Years ago at 8/5/21 11:11 AM

I'm so sorry for your loss! Thankyou for sharing your vision! I believe it may be real. I had a similar vision when my dad had died. It was an OBE. When I told my brother, he shared that he'd had a similar experience. For me it wasn't the last time I saw my dad, but a scene from when I was a kid, how he used to say goodnight, but we talked about his death. 
thumbnail
Ben V, modified 2 Years ago at 8/5/21 12:03 PM
Created 2 Years ago at 8/5/21 12:03 PM

Thanks for sharing this, Kelly.

I find it helpful to read how other meditators navigate grief, and yours is a beautiful sharing.

My condolences.

Breadcrumb