Living Buddhas in Pemako Sangha

Helena, modified 2 Years ago at 9/28/21 4:44 AM
Created 2 Years ago at 9/28/21 4:44 AM

Living Buddhas in Pemako Sangha

This announcement was published on September 26th 2021, announcing the buddhahood of two Pemako students.

"Today I have the pleasure to tell you that two of my students has finished their purification process (bhumis 1-10). In other words, these two have reached what in buddhism is known as ”exhaustion of all phenomena”. In other words, they have attained buddhahood*.
*buddhahood and mahasiddhahood are used synonymously in this text. This refers of realising the emptiness of all phenomena, i.e. attaining perfect wakefulness for the sake of all beings. "
You can read the whole announcement in the link below:

https://openheartopenheart.blogspot.com/2021/09/living-buddhas-in-pemako-sangha.html?fbclid=IwAR2CYA0XzsXm02cBH7llk6d4GAkvKkEcE-UYppdpURj1YDP9vKKSC2pypWw
thumbnail
Linda ”Polly Ester” Ö, modified 2 Years ago at 9/28/21 9:16 AM
Created 2 Years ago at 9/28/21 9:16 AM

RE: Living Buddhas in Pemako Sangha

Awesome if the assessment is correct. It's way above my paygrade so I'll refrain from deciding what to believe. Regardless, it's amazing when someone is tuned into their true intent and lives with the stream rather than trying to cross over it. 
thumbnail
MuMuWu MuMuMuMu, modified 2 Years ago at 9/28/21 9:46 AM
Created 2 Years ago at 9/28/21 9:46 AM

I've got ten buddhas living in my home. I confirmed it myself.
thumbnail
Dream Walker, modified 2 Years ago at 10/1/21 6:37 AM
Created 2 Years ago at 10/1/21 6:37 AM

Such a rare thing to get to that level. Of course it is very hard to believe and or verify such claims. In the book 'Saints and Psychopaths' it mentions that for every saint there are a plethora of non saints, Buyer beware, but if a dogs tooth motivates you then... that, in itself, can have some possible good effects.
I'm not much of a betting man...
~D
George S, modified 2 Years ago at 10/1/21 11:34 AM
Created 2 Years ago at 10/1/21 11:34 AM

Maybe I'm too cynical, but I can't help wondering about the motivation for breathlessly publicizing such "attainments" ...
​​​​​​​
To have attained mahasiddhas anywhere in the world is very rare (for various reasons which I have often discussed) but to have Western-born mahasiddhas on the Western hemisphere, you could say, is something completely new and different in the modern history. Apart from ancient orthodox christian tradition, I don't think there has been mahasiddhas outside Asia during the past few thousand years and this is why I think we are witnessing a significant historical event. That we have fully enlightened members in our sangha, also gives a very different vibe and feel to our whole community and our activities in the form of courses and retreats.

I will keep the names and photographs of the mentioned persons within our sangha for the time being but will publish photos and extensive accounts next year in my book.
thumbnail
Chris Marti, modified 2 Years ago at 10/1/21 11:43 AM
Created 2 Years ago at 10/1/21 11:43 AM

Definitely good PR  emoticon
George S, modified 2 Years ago at 10/1/21 12:03 PM
Created 2 Years ago at 10/1/21 12:02 PM

Let's see what the Diamond Sutra has to say about 'the end stop of mahayana buddhist practice' ...

The Buddha said, “Tell me, Subhuti. Do those who are free from rebirth think, ‘I have attained freedom from rebirth’?”

Subhuti replied, “No, indeed, Bhagavan. Those who are free from rebirth do not think, ‘I have attained freedom from rebirth.’ And why not?  Bhagavan, there is no such dharma as ‘freedom from rebirth.’ Thus are they said to be ‘free from rebirth.’ If, Bhagavan, those who are free from rebirth should think, ‘I have attained freedom from rebirth,’ they would be attached to a self, they would be attached to a being, a life, and a soul.

The Buddha said, “Subhuti, if any bodhisattva should thus claim, ‘I shall bring about the transformation of a world,’ such a claim would be untrue. And how so? The transformation of a world, Subhuti, the ‘transformation of a world’ is said by the Tathagata to be no transformation. Thus is it called the ‘transformation of a world.’

“Subhuti, what do you think? Did the Tathagata realize any such dharma as unexcelled, perfect enlightenment?”

The venerable Subhuti replied, “No, indeed, Bhagavan. The Tathagata did not realize any such dharma, Bhagavan, as unexcelled, perfect enlightenment.”

The Buddha said, “So it is, Subhuti. So it is. The slightest dharma is neither obtained nor found therein. Thus is it called ‘unexcelled, perfect enlightenment.’”
thumbnail
MuMuWu MuMuMuMu, modified 2 Years ago at 10/1/21 12:05 PM
Created 2 Years ago at 10/1/21 12:05 PM

"George S
Maybe I'm too cynical, but I can't help wondering about the motivation for breathlessly publicizing such "attainments" ...
​​​​​​​
To have attained mahasiddhas anywhere in the world is very rare (for various reasons which I have often discussed) but to have Western-born mahasiddhas on the Western hemisphere, you could say, is something completely new and different in the modern history. Apart from ancient orthodox christian tradition, I don't think there has been mahasiddhas outside Asia during the past few thousand years and this is why I think we are witnessing a significant historical event. That we have fully enlightened members in our sangha, also gives a very different vibe and feel to our whole community and our activities in the form of courses and retreats.

I will keep the names and photographs of the mentioned persons within our sangha for the time being but will publish photos and extensive accounts next year in my book."

It's an easy thing to claim. I mean the 10 buddhas that live in my home (I confirmed it myself) told me that this claim was untrue so I have to go with what they say.
thumbnail
Linda ”Polly Ester” Ö, modified 2 Years ago at 10/1/21 1:05 PM
Created 2 Years ago at 10/1/21 1:05 PM

To be fair, they aren't the ones claiming it. 
George S, modified 2 Years ago at 10/1/21 1:55 PM
Created 2 Years ago at 10/1/21 1:55 PM

I agreee, although I guess everyone is getting what they want.
thumbnail
Griffin, modified 2 Years ago at 10/1/21 3:18 PM
Created 2 Years ago at 10/1/21 3:18 PM

I don't buy it. And the announcement sounds a bit weird.
Helena, modified 2 Years ago at 10/3/21 6:03 AM
Created 2 Years ago at 10/3/21 6:01 AM

"I remember years ago when we had 2PF and all of a sudden everyone got awakened. We couldn't believe it! We wouldn't believe that we, everyone of us, just.. got... awakened... because it came to us from afar, from more or less wild stories from books and classics, to us who were just ordinaty city people. But it happened and we all felt in our being that life wasn't the same before and after. We felt permanently clearer and that was the beginning. "

The whole blog post can be found here:
https://openheartopenheart.blogspot.com/2021/10/and-suddenly-buddhahood-was-attained.html?fbclid=IwAR1sHBHx4ZQYdEY5kO9eIGZUO8jlxXFye6EPgJ9UogVjD21KQ-1vBtp9xLc
George S, modified 2 Years ago at 10/3/21 6:53 AM
Created 2 Years ago at 10/3/21 6:43 AM

Getting awakened, attaining buddhahood and changing the world are still samsara, but it all sounds very nice so ... Congratulations!
​​​​​​​
If, Bhagavan, those who are free from rebirth should think, ‘I have attained freedom from rebirth,’ they would be attached to a self, they would be attached to a being, a life, and a soul.

The transformation of a world, Subhuti, the ‘transformation of a world’ is said by the Tathagata to be no transformation. Thus is it called the ‘transformation of a world.’
Helena, modified 2 Years ago at 10/11/21 4:30 AM
Created 2 Years ago at 10/11/21 2:47 AM

Open discussion about attainments by past fully attained practicioners.

The blog post talks about the attainments from the book ”The Supreme Source, Kunjed Gyalpo, The Fundamental Tantra of the Dzogchen Semde”, translated by Chogyal Namkhai Norbu Rinpoche and Adriano Clemente. This book was first published in Italian in 1997 and in English in 1999.

https://openheartopenheart.blogspot.com/2021/04/claims-of-enlightenment-made-by-ancient.html?fbclid=IwAR34hi1UPEVCweSJ4IPknDNwjDKDJwaoNWU02JRzgQuwZdZovP-gZkRpu4E
thumbnail
Not two, not one, modified 2 Years ago at 10/11/21 3:16 AM
Created 2 Years ago at 10/11/21 3:16 AM

Vive la difference
Helena, modified 2 Years ago at 10/19/21 1:37 AM
Created 2 Years ago at 10/19/21 1:04 AM

Pragmatic discussion about the attainment of buddhahood, obstacles in dharma, about doubt and disbelief in the minds of Western practitioners that buddhahood could be attined, Tulku Urgyen Rinpoche's message, Dilgo Khyentse, about guru yoga and other points.

https://youtu.be/o9cM4mhoZMo
Oskar M, modified 2 Years ago at 10/19/21 2:17 AM
Created 2 Years ago at 10/19/21 2:17 AM

The article Helena posted on how it went down in the old day:

http://openheartopenheart.blogspot.com/2021/04/claims-of-enlightenment-made-by-ancient.html

I also think its important to know that traditionally its not uncommon to state what stage a practicioner is at, like Guru Rinpoche is said to have had 80 students attain rainbow body and Dudjom Lingpa writes he in his book that had 13 rainbowbody attainmenst among is students and 1000 varjaholders, meaning someone who have reached exhaustion of all phenomena, and if I remember correctly he actually lists all the lesser attainments among his students as well in one of his books. 
​​​​​​​
Oskar M, modified 2 Years ago at 10/19/21 3:50 AM
Created 2 Years ago at 10/19/21 3:50 AM

Such a rare thing to get to that level. Of course it is very hard to believe and or verify such claims.

- Indeed. There will be a upgraded book of Whats next? on post awakening practice, where these poeple give their accounts of this final realization, and all stages before, I think early 2022. I am not sure, but I am friends with all of these people on facebook, I guess one could simply go and visit if you are really sincere and they are up for it?
Also join a retreat, one would be able to analyze and questioning as much as you want.
Oskar M, modified 2 Years ago at 10/19/21 3:56 AM
Created 2 Years ago at 10/19/21 3:56 AM

Should also be mentioned that Daniel Brown claims to have two people who have reached Sangye, or full exhaustion among his students. I think he says it in almost every video he is in. 
thumbnail
J W, modified 2 Years ago at 10/20/21 6:17 AM
Created 2 Years ago at 10/20/21 6:17 AM

RainbowBody is an ok attainment... but my friend got MegaZord, it's way better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ripiVEjYqaM
Oskar M, modified 2 Years ago at 10/22/21 11:56 AM
Created 2 Years ago at 10/22/21 11:56 AM

In terms of people arriving at the final stage of spiritual practice, Kim Rinpoche have a handful people outside this lineage which he says are buddhas. To me these two are wonderful individuals and examples. huggin Saint Amma and Garchen Rinpoche (Its not stated in this article about garchen but I know Kim has said so many times, and Garchens teachings are crystal everytime I hear him, so I post it here emoticon )

http://openheartopenheart.blogspot.com/2021/10/meeting-amma-hugging-saint.html

http://openheartopenheart.blogspot.com/2021/06/garchen-rinpoche-about-bhumis.html
Oskar M, modified 2 Years ago at 10/23/21 5:11 AM
Created 2 Years ago at 10/23/21 5:11 AM

Discussion on cessation by Kim Rinpoche and Helene, how one experience cessations in the beginning of the path and how it changes as one progress untill there is no more cessations to "gain" so to speak, or the final cessation is attained. I liked this talk alot, its really clear and to the point. Hope folks enjoy and asks questions emoticon  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fzPdMb8Vs4&t=17s
Helena, modified 2 Years ago at 10/24/21 8:48 AM
Created 2 Years ago at 10/24/21 8:48 AM

The blog text on Living Buddhas in the Pemako Sangha has been updated on 22.10.21 with an update on the number of students who have come to fruition of their practice.

https://openheartopenheart.blogspot.com/2021/09/living-buddhas-in-pemako-sangha.html?m=1

Breadcrumb