Nothing then something

thumbnail
Mr Pixel, modified 2 Years ago at 12/26/21 7:41 AM
Created 2 Years ago at 12/26/21 7:41 AM

Nothing then something

I had some strange experiences last night. Oddly, this happened shortly after changing up my technique a bit. I used Shinzen's "See, hear, feel" throughout the day and, oh boy, going to sleep was rough.

This is very hard to describe.

While dozing off, I kept having these little blips. There was an absence of reality, and then reality would come into existence along with my consciousness.

I tried to see if I could discover what came before reality, but it was hard to find anything at all. There was not even nothing. There was just "not reality." And then all of a sudden, "Tada!" There was the present moment with me in it and me conscious of it.

The strange thing is that life felt very dream like in the instance right before the present moment fully solidified. I mean, it did not feel real until all of a sudden it did. This was very confusing and unsettling.

But the way that reality appeared was like an indescribable bubble. I don't know how to describe this but I kept thinking the present moment was appearing like an inside out bubble. Like, at first, reality was inside out and then all of a sudden it was right side out.

What the heck was that?
thumbnail
Dream Walker, modified 2 Years ago at 12/27/21 11:19 PM
Created 2 Years ago at 12/27/21 11:19 PM

RE: Nothing then something

While going to sleep and hitting the hypnogogic state I would experience a side door that I would jump thru to hit a cessation. This would annoy the heck out of my wife because she was intuitive and would jerk awake and be annoyed after several times of me 'playing with it'.Enjoy whatever it might be. Time will tell if it means anything aka stream entry or not.
​​​​​​​~D
thumbnail
Dream Walker, modified 2 Years ago at 12/27/21 11:22 PM
Created 2 Years ago at 12/27/21 11:22 PM

Oh btw read MCTB about the different types of fruitions/cessations. You are describing standard stuff. Maybe read the whole thing? 
​​​​​​​~D
George S, modified 2 Years ago at 12/28/21 6:27 AM
Created 2 Years ago at 12/28/21 6:27 AM

Have you noticed any changes since these events?
thumbnail
Mr Pixel, modified 2 Years ago at 12/28/21 9:15 AM
Created 2 Years ago at 12/28/21 9:15 AM

@dreamwalker

I read the whole book a while back. I'll have another look at a couple of the relevant chapters.

@George S

The only change I've noticed is that I have acess to deeper states of meditation now. I am def in EQ. I have a 3-day retreat starting this evening so I am very excited to see what comes of this.