Tech Problem: I started to get emails of every single new post...

thumbnail
Kim _, modified 2 Years ago at 1/17/22 2:03 PM
Created 2 Years ago at 1/17/22 2:03 PM

Tech Problem: I started to get emails of every single new post...

...made on DhO forum. I haven't subscribed to any threads. What's up? How do I stop this? I tried blocking the mails from my mailbox settings but that doesn't seem to work.

Help appreciated.
thumbnail
Chris M, modified 2 Years ago at 1/18/22 5:44 AM
Created 2 Years ago at 1/17/22 5:08 PM

RE: Tech Problem: I started to get emails of every single new post...

Kim, you are no doubt subscribed to the topics you created or have posted on. You can unsubscribe yourself by visiting one of those topics, clicking on the vertical menu item at the topic level (not the comment/post level), and selecting "Unsubscribe:"
​​​​​​​
thumbnail
Linda ”Polly Ester” Ö, modified 2 Years ago at 1/18/22 2:02 PM
Created 2 Years ago at 1/18/22 2:02 PM

Unsubscribe doesn't seem to work. I have the same issue since a long time. Or has someone finally fixed that bug? I haven't tried very recently. 
thumbnail
Kim _, modified 2 Years ago at 1/18/22 2:50 PM
Created 2 Years ago at 1/18/22 2:50 PM

Something strange going on because like I said these emails started all of a sudden and I got a copy to my email of every new post amde by anyone to any thread. Then I found a page from my profile that listed subscriptions according to categories, that I had never made. Unticked them, let's see.
thumbnail
Siavash ', modified 2 Years ago at 1/18/22 2:56 PM
Created 2 Years ago at 1/18/22 2:56 PM

To stop email notifications for the entire message board, on the recent posts page, click on your avatar icon in the upper right corner beside the search box, and select Notifications.
On the Notifications page, hover the mouse below the Welcome title in the upper left part and above the Notifications title. It should show a blue border around that box with an overflow button (three vertical dots), click that and select Configurations.
On the next page, you can select on or off for each of the notifications and whether to have them as email or on the site, and hope that it'll work.

By default when commenting on any thread, it subscribes users to that thread, because the checkbox below this editor that I am writing now, is always on, and it should be marked off each time.

Martin, modified 2 Years ago at 1/18/22 3:08 PM
Created 2 Years ago at 1/18/22 3:08 PM

Thanks, Siavash! That helped me too!

Breadcrumb