RE: Using a (chaos magick) sigil as a kasina and casting it in the 1st Jhan

thumbnail
Happy Like Me, modified 1 Year ago at 9/1/22 6:49 AM
Created 1 Year ago at 9/1/22 6:49 AM

Using a (chaos magick) sigil as a kasina and casting it in the 1st Jhana

Hi everyone, I'm new here and this is my first post! Nice to meet you all!
I've been practicing meditation and magick on and off for the past 25 years but am still a novice at both. In december '21 I started meditating again (after 20 somewhat years) and to weeks later I started falling into the Jhana's without specific practice or knowledge. However, I have ADD and obviously I have great concentration when I'm interested and am probably naturally inclined to do Shamata ;)So I had this idea to do an experiment and cast a sigil and using it as a kasina and firing it off in the first Jhana. I can ride out the first Jhana. What happens is that the kasina starts coming closer and closer until we merge as one. When we merge I have an energy orgasm. It's similar to a genital orgasm but then it's in the full body and aura. If I focus on specific parts I can have the orgasms in my feet, hands or even head. They vary in intensity depending if I do yoga in advance or not. It's super pleasurable but after having it done so many times and inspecting it I also have come to realise that it's also empty and meaningless (to me). But still great fun for energy experimentation and investigation. I'm super curious if any of you have some experience with using a sigil as a kasina and/or these energy orgasms?  
​​​​​​​The energy orgasm seems perfect for firing the sigil. I sincerely hope I don't offend anyone with my question and I really haven't got a clue if this goes against any rules.
So please be gentle with me happy.gif
Rousseau Matt, modified 1 Year ago at 1/8/23 4:54 PM
Created 1 Year ago at 9/1/22 6:57 AM

Sounds like what Braisington  calls "gross " pity.  Your  getting caught  in it. It's better to turn it down and go back to the primary object. Then move on to Second jhana. Some people are inclined to super Intense pity In First jhana
thumbnail
Happy Like Me, modified 1 Year ago at 9/1/22 7:19 AM
Created 1 Year ago at 9/1/22 7:19 AM

Thank you kindly for your reply. Yes, I practice turning it down too and going into the second Jhana and that works - and I practice that especially not to get caught in it.<br />​​​​​​​<br />However in this case I'm just wondering&nbsp;what would happen if you would use it for the purpose of magick to fire of a sigil and if anyone has any experience with this?&nbsp;<br /> 
thumbnail
Happy Like Me, modified 1 Year ago at 9/1/22 7:32 AM
Created 1 Year ago at 9/1/22 7:32 AM

I mean I normally fire a sigil during an orgasm. So why not experiment with this type of orgasm?<br />It's not about getting caught in it...I'm well aware of that - that's why I mentioned that the experience is empty and meaningless.&nbsp;<br /><br /><br />&nbsp;<br /> 
George S, modified 1 Year ago at 9/1/22 2:34 PM
Created 1 Year ago at 9/1/22 2:24 PM

I've experienced strong piti-sukha (energy-bliss jhana factors) whilst praying, which is a kind of magick. I think jhanic bliss is more effective than orgasm for crystallizing intentions because it's generally deeper, more powerful, more sustained and all-encompassing ("non-dual", deeper access to subconscious).
Created 1 Year ago at 9/16/22 8:12 AM

How has the Magik worked. Have  you got consistent  results (real world)
thumbnail
Happy Like Me, modified 1 Year ago at 9/27/22 6:38 AM
Created 1 Year ago at 9/27/22 6:38 AM

But jhanic bliss can be sustained over a longer period of time. With the fire type of sigil casting it should happen spasmodically (a total eruption) and then forget about it. However I could do an experiment with another sigil and see the results of dynamic charging, then it would become a servitor.
thumbnail
Happy Like Me, modified 1 Year ago at 9/27/22 6:40 AM
Created 1 Year ago at 9/27/22 6:40 AM

No, not yet. Doing it next week. I will keep you posted on the results which might take a while as I'm not trying to manifest anything material.
Hector L, modified 1 Year ago at 10/15/22 2:49 AM
Created 1 Year ago at 10/15/22 2:49 AM

I like just converting the energy to metta and giving it to people around me
Created 1 Year ago at 10/31/22 3:53 AM

Thanks for your honesty. I am not a magician .but if the magick isn't giving you results. I would think your not reaching any kind of jhana. 
thumbnail
Dream Walker, modified 1 Year ago at 11/4/22 12:09 AM
Created 1 Year ago at 11/4/22 12:09 AM

Second Jhana is a nice spot to cast spells. There are other spots too but thats the first one.
Speaking of casting - read this - magick-and-the-brahma-viharas

and this - Advanced Magick for Beginners

Good luck.
~D
Neil Martin, modified 1 Year ago at 11/4/22 7:09 AM
Created 1 Year ago at 11/4/22 7:09 AM

Dream Walker - is that a 2nd soft jhana or hard jhana?  
thumbnail
Happy Like Me, modified 1 Year ago at 11/4/22 7:49 AM
Created 1 Year ago at 11/4/22 7:46 AM

It was seriously dumb of me posting a topic on casting a sigil that I'm supposed to forget about.
Because then how can I forget? Whaaaaa lol. But stuff has changed for the better emoticon so something definitely worked!
Maybe the intention was enough. I want to try the dynamic charging sigil, which I will do when I enter the next cycle.
We'll see how that goes. Anyway I try to do 'soft' magic good intentions and stuff on myself.

I mostly have soft Jhana's btw. but the hard ones are great.

@ Hector. Beautiful, I do that too! <3

@ dreamworker: I've read now that 4th and the formless jhana's are better. Have you tried these? I've read - magick-and-the-brahma-viharas
and I have that book - haven't read it yet.
thumbnail
Happy Like Me, modified 1 Year ago at 11/4/22 7:54 AM
Created 1 Year ago at 11/4/22 7:54 AM

@ matt - I'm very very sure I experience jhana's and very much more then that. But why do you think that if you're not getting magical results that depends on the Jhana's?

Breadcrumb