Any recommendations for solo retreat locations in Israel?

thumbnail
Asaf M, modified 1 Year ago at 4/12/23 5:31 AM
Created 1 Year ago at 4/12/23 5:31 AM

Any recommendations for solo retreat locations in Israel?

Looking for a suitable, meaning quiet and reaosnable pleasant place for a solo reatreat in israel. Less than one week duration.
Doesnt have to be an actual retreat center. 
I can handle meal preparation on my own. I asuem that doing so will greatly increase the number of available options.
An Ideal place would be some cabin like dwelling out in nature, reasonable priced.

If there are any ogranized group reteats that come to mind, will look into those as well.
I am familiar with the impressive Goenka center here. I will probably do another reateat there eventually. Before then, I hope to check out what It would be like to go at my own pace, and to do a retreat that does not include watching vidoes and dealing with other distactions present at a goenka center.
thumbnail
Jim Smith, modified 1 Year ago at 4/12/23 10:33 AM
Created 1 Year ago at 4/12/23 10:33 AM

RE: Any recommendations for solo retreat locations in Israel?

Asaf M
Looking for a suitable, meaning quiet and reaosnable pleasant place for a solo reatreat in israel. Less than one week duration.
Doesnt have to be an actual retreat center. 
I can handle meal preparation on my own. I asuem that doing so will greatly increase the number of available options.
An Ideal place would be some cabin like dwelling out in nature, reasonable priced.

If there are any ogranized group reteats that come to mind, will look into those as well.
I am familiar with the impressive Goenka center here. I will probably do another reateat there eventually. Before then, I hope to check out what It would be like to go at my own pace, and to do a retreat that does not include watching vidoes and dealing with other distactions present at a goenka center.

Can you go camping in the desert? Or go to a town on the edge of the desert where you can get food and water but otherwise spend your time out in the wilderness? Does it get cold at night, would you even need a tent and sleeping bag?
thumbnail
Asaf M, modified 1 Year ago at 4/17/23 4:52 AM
Created 1 Year ago at 4/17/23 4:52 AM

RE: Any recommendations for solo retreat locations in Israel?

Hi Jim,

The camping option is a good one to consider. 
Though there is unpredictabilty at campsites wth regards to noisy neighbords, and at non-designated camp sites, its either not allowed or questionably safe

Breadcrumb