Will awakening end pain caused by muscle tension from suppressed emotions?

thumbnail
Jim Smith, modified 11 Months ago at 5/22/23 6:09 AM
Created 11 Months ago at 5/22/23 6:09 AM

Will awakening end pain caused by muscle tension from suppressed emotions?

I noticed there are many books about physical pain caused by muscle tension caused by suppressed emotions. The pain might occur in the back, neck, jaw, or other locations in the body.

I am wondering if awakening will relieve this type of problem.

Will awakening end attachments and aversions, ending related emotions even if they are suppressed and so end muscle tension and any pain it causes?
thumbnail
Ni Nurta, modified 11 Months ago at 5/22/23 9:16 AM
Created 11 Months ago at 5/22/23 9:16 AM

RE: Will awakening end pain caused by muscle tension from suppressed emotio

Term awakening is very esoteric and imho should not be used on DhO unless someone has strict definition about what they awakened to. For example if person awakened to 7th dimension, universal consciousness then term Awakening makes perfect sense. If they meditated a lot, had some kind of seizure after which mind spin with less collisions then calling it awakening is completely unjustified.

There can be awakening to understanding - you need to understand how something works.
Understanding how mind works, what the issues are etc. isn't impossibly hard but from available data it is impossible if it doesn't interest you how mind & body works and just want them working better. To make mind & body work better you do not need to understand hence almost no one has any understanding and little understanding they have is completely backwards.

Will awakening end attachments and aversions, ending related emotions even if they are suppressed and so end muscle tension and any pain it causes?

Correct order of events is first you end attachments, clinging, aversion, fetter, etc. and then claim attainments which definition says you do not have said issues.

Since however no one wants to put any effort in to understanding any of these issues, let alone better themselves and people just think they will able to meditate enough until they can have click and somehow everything be better despite doing nothing to end anything - good news: it is possible!

Dukkha issue is technical. It is enough for brain to learn to shift resources it uses fast fast and you won't experience dukkha. Same technicalities which force mind to shift which parts of it are used can shift which parts of mind control muscles. 

If however you manage to force your way through to such bizzare attainment of mind state which doesn't listen to anything you would like to cling to because it will force your shut down and assign new you in your place moment later before any clinging will be able to affect anything please do not call it "awakening" because it sounds silly.

Especially if you will have no idea how it works - which is normal. People who attained these things are oblivious about anything about how their mind states operate and will only be able to say sense of self doesn't exist and nothing sticks - it like clinging neither sense of self or things which would normally have some effects eg. emotional won't have chance to arise because mind constantly changes which parts of nervous system are in use, much faster and more aggressively than normal. Brain learns this because people who attain these attainments are so clingy to idea of enlightenment and do meditation so badly brain has to figure and do something to protect itself. Resulting mind state is still noisy as hell but out of noisy mind which can cling and noisy which cannot the second is still much better. Imhao. 
thumbnail
Jim Smith, modified 11 Months ago at 5/22/23 10:14 AM
Created 11 Months ago at 5/22/23 10:14 AM

Ni Nurta
For example if person awakened to 7th dimension, universal consciousness then term Awakening makes perfect sense.

What is the name of this philosophy?
thumbnail
Aeon , modified 11 Months ago at 5/22/23 12:09 PM
Created 11 Months ago at 5/22/23 12:09 PM

Short answer is yes, but not necessarily at it's root cause.

I know of people who were severely "genetically" tight (Kit Laughlin from StretchTherapy and Shane O'dowd from GotROM) who permanently cured their extreme muscle tension and resulting pain via either yoga nidra (Laughlin) or Goenka vipassana (Shane).

This was ofcourse also complemented by extensive bodywork, stretching, self massage and symmetrical strengthening.
thumbnail
Ni Nurta, modified 11 Months ago at 5/22/23 2:40 PM
Created 11 Months ago at 5/22/23 2:40 PM

What is the name of this philosophy?

Philosophy of good imagination? or all-sense-visualization / mind-state-visualization - knowing sense objects.
Could always feel these esoteric descriptions as I read them along with any descriptions or even names of things like pure abodes or reading what people write. Vague and with lots of noise but some practice in vipassana and shamatha later and there, pure universal consciousness. Everyone can experience it if they do not focus so much on themselves, how they feel and things they cling to... or if they exist or not.

Too bad Buddha, the guy whose teachings inspire us all didn't teach about this stuff... ~_^
thumbnail
Jim Smith, modified 11 Months ago at 5/22/23 4:37 PM
Created 11 Months ago at 5/22/23 4:37 PM

Aeon ........
Short answer is yes, but not necessarily at it's root cause.

I know of people who were severely "genetically" tight (Kit Laughlin from StretchTherapy and Shane O'dowd from GotROM) who permanently cured their extreme muscle tension and resulting pain via either yoga nidra (Laughlin) or Goenka vipassana (Shane).

This was ofcourse also complemented by extensive bodywork, stretching, self massage and symmetrical strengthening.

Does that mean this is outside the realm of awakening, or that the path you take to become awakened influences what awakening is - are some ways of awakening more comprehensive than others?
thumbnail
Dream Walker, modified 11 Months ago at 5/22/23 8:18 PM
Created 11 Months ago at 5/22/23 8:18 PM

Jim Smith
Hey Jim,

I noticed there are many books about physical pain caused by muscle tension caused by suppressed emotions.
I noticed there are many posts about vague suppositions caused by stuff  that is caused by vagueness.

The pain might occur in the back, neck, jaw, or other locations in the body.
Definately other...

I am wondering if awakening will relieve this type of problem.
What awakening?

Only 6 variables (6 Factorial)?

1. attachments
  2. aversions
  3. emotions
  4. suppressed
  5. end muscle tension
  6. pain it causes
That would total 720 discrete answers if I am correct.
Maybe you could trim that down a bit.
or not,
​​​​​​​~D
thumbnail
Aeon , modified 11 Months ago at 5/23/23 5:30 AM
Created 11 Months ago at 5/23/23 5:30 AM

@jimsmith
"I don't have all the answers; I am not in the know: I can only see what is above, and only from below."

If I were to guess, I would say yes, different paths to awakening give different flavors of awakening. Contrast Frank Yang, Ingram, Folk and Taft - All give different yet similar descriptions of awakening.

More practically, Kit and Shane solved the problem you mention, with various techniques. I think the general theme of their attainment was learning muscle relaxation as a habit - like you need no effort to comprehend written words, they need no effort to hold their muscles relaxed.
Not to say that cures it by itself, certain muscle knots simply only yield from tissue work like active release technique or resistance stretching.

Breadcrumb