Question about nirodha samapatti

thumbnail
Lynsey Jenkins, modified 9 Months ago at 7/26/23 5:43 PM
Created 9 Months ago at 7/26/23 5:15 PM

Question about nirodha samapatti

Nervous to post (since I'm just becoming serious about meditation), but having peers who know more is an advantage. So I'm excited to expand my knowledge emoticon 

In the infancy of my practice, I didn't know it was a practice...Somehow, though, I started going through the first insight stages last April or May, possibly beforehand. I've had periods of natural increased concentration and spontaneous trance-like states. I had a kundalini experience without knowing what it was. It landed me in hospital with severe neck pain, the sensation of something honey-thick dripping from the top of my head and down my throat (learned about amrita 7 months after the fact), fevers, and repeated episodes of waves pulsing up through my crown till it "exploded" (at this point I'd end up on my knees, tremoring, attempting to hold consciousness). I don't know how to map a lot of my journey.

However, after meditating with purpose (aka having done some research) for about 7 hours a day over 4 or 5 months I had an experience where I was reclining, and for a moment, everything ceased to be. It's like I blacked out, but was perfectly aware beforehand and very awake afterwards, so I know it wasn't sleep. This has occurred a few times now, and is always followed by a period of bliss. Could it be nirodha samapatti or something else?
shargrol, modified 9 Months ago at 7/27/23 8:55 AM
Created 9 Months ago at 7/27/23 5:31 AM

RE: Question about nirodha samapatti

How about Cessation? 15. Fruition – MCTB.org and Review? 33. Review – MCTB.org