Retreat experience

Joey No, modified 5 Months ago at 11/2/23 2:51 AM
Created 5 Months ago at 11/2/23 2:50 AM

Retreat experience

Hi, last day on retreat and just got Internet access.
In a 21 day retreat and 6 days in I experienced a state of equanimity. Like very boring. My tolerance to heat and cold and pain in general has skyrocketed. I'm never thirsty and drink extra just to make sure I'm not dehydrated. 
Nothing really affects me emotions wise and i feel the ego isn't in my head and is part of my body. 
14 days in I hard another experience where I felt my ego had disappeared entirely and I'm having an identity crisis since I don't know who I am.

​​​​​​​Cheers
thumbnail
Jim Smith, modified 5 Months ago at 11/2/23 7:37 AM
Created 5 Months ago at 11/2/23 7:37 AM

RE: Retreat experience

Joey No
Hi, last day on retreat and just got Internet access.
In a 21 day retreat and 6 days in I experienced a state of equanimity. Like very boring. My tolerance to heat and cold and pain in general has skyrocketed. I'm never thirsty and drink extra just to make sure I'm not dehydrated. 
Nothing really affects me emotions wise and i feel the ego isn't in my head and is part of my body. 
14 days in I hard another experience where I felt my ego had disappeared entirely and I'm having an identity crisis since I don't know who I am.

​​​​​​​Cheers

You say you feel like your ego disappeared. Are you behaving like your ego disappeared?

Breadcrumb