Retreat tomorrow!

Ram Subramanian, modified 5 Months ago at 11/10/23 6:04 AM
Created 5 Months ago at 11/10/23 6:04 AM

Retreat tomorrow!

Hi all,

I'm leaving first thing in the morning, getting the taxi to the ferry to the train to the bus to Satipanya for two weeks. I went on the same retreat at the same center last year and got into pretty strong Equanimity, so I have high hopes for my first fruition this time.

I formally resolve to spend every moment I am on retreat noticing every sensation, thought, and action. I resolve to be aware of every movement of attention, every intention, every craving, urge, and desire, and every thought or worry about practice. I resolve to remain aware whether I am sitting, walking, eating, working, getting dressed, in the bathroom, or anything else. I resolve to see the three characteristics in every waking moment from the second I arrive until the second I get back on the ferry (and then some). I resolve to attain as much insight as I can into the nature of self, impermanence, and suffering for the benefit of all sentient beings.

(I've been feeling the craving and excitement bound up in this resolution for a few days, and I just wanted to externalize it. I also wanted to share my intentions to get the blessings and encouragement of the Sangha. See you all on the other side. emoticon )
shargrol, modified 5 Months ago at 11/10/23 6:23 AM
Created 5 Months ago at 11/10/23 6:23 AM

RE: Retreat tomorrow!

Best wishes Ram!
thumbnail
Sha-Man! Geoffrey, modified 5 Months ago at 11/10/23 11:30 AM
Created 5 Months ago at 11/10/23 11:30 AM

Good luck, practice well, and we're rooting for you!
thumbnail
Papa Che Dusko, modified 5 Months ago at 11/12/23 1:35 AM
Created 5 Months ago at 11/12/23 1:35 AM

Best wishes to you! May it be fruitful and May it be of benefit to many! 

Breadcrumb