Strong Spiritual Experience During Fever--Seemingly Important Insights

C J F, modified 4 Months ago at 12/17/23 9:58 PM
Created 4 Months ago at 12/17/23 9:58 PM

Strong Spiritual Experience During Fever--Seemingly Important Insights

(Disclaimer) I also posted in the stream entry subreddit to get more eyes on this post (added some updates too). 

Here is my experience:
I currently have a killer fever I developed recently and it's triggered a very weird spiritual experience. I feel like I'm in a fever dream (though awake) and I have a pounding headache. But at the same time, I feel like I'm seeing the world with more clarity than ever before and with an unprecedented calm and concentration. My sense of self is extremely diminished and I feel much more connected to the universe. My body simultaneously like a pinprick in an ocean, and like a universe in itself. It's the most "sober" I've had a spiritual experience, and I feel like I'm having valuable realizations about myself.
Realizations like feeling like I can "feel" my conditioning, which feels like an unbelievably complex knot that I can just rest in if I want, but don't have the slightest clue of how to (or if I want to) unravel it. 

My sense of self is extremely diminished and I feel much more connected to the universe. My body simultaneously like a pinprick in an ocean, and like a universe in itself. It's the most powerful spiritual experience I've had (not to mention most "sober"), and I feel like I'm having valuable realizations about myself that seem so amazingly obvious. I'm having upwellings of emotion, and seemingly deeper appreciation for no-self/impermanence.

I don't know what to call this as I lack deep knowledge about spiritual practices, and what to do with it. I'm assuming I should just let the experience pass and not be attached, but this is such a profound experience and I feel like I can make the myself and possibly the world better if I integrate it. Though maybe I'm making a big deal out of nothing.

Some advice (if others have) would be very appreciated emoticon. Is there anything I should be doing while I'm in this experience to make the most of this unexpected gift?  And if so, what?Thank you in advance from a newbie!
(Will update tomorrow saying how I feel)
C J F, modified 4 Months ago at 12/18/23 7:50 AM
Created 4 Months ago at 12/18/23 7:50 AM

RE: Strong Spiritual Experience During Fever--Seemingly Important Insights

Quick update next morning--the experience passed and I feel mostly normal. It was a weird night haha, but I feel like some nice insights about myself came up. Hope to integrate some of them into my life
shargrol, modified 4 Months ago at 12/18/23 8:31 AM
Created 4 Months ago at 12/18/23 8:31 AM

Sounds like a mini spiritual adventure! emoticon  Glad your feeling better.
Martin, modified 4 Months ago at 12/18/23 9:52 AM
Created 4 Months ago at 12/18/23 9:52 AM

I hope you are fully physically better soon. 

It's great to get the opportunity to see that the world can appear more than one way. There can be a freedom in that knowledge. 
thumbnail
Papa Che Dusko, modified 4 Months ago at 12/19/23 6:44 PM
Created 4 Months ago at 12/19/23 6:44 PM

C J F

the experience passed and I feel mostly normal.

... Hope to integrate... 

emoticon "mostly normal" made me smile emoticon Yeah that's about it emoticon Mostly normal. 

Fools hope! Hold onto nothing! 

Breadcrumb