Roger Thisdell

thumbnail
Dream Walker, modified 2 Months ago at 2/17/24 9:09 AM
Created 2 Months ago at 2/17/24 9:09 AM

Roger Thisdell

Since Bahiya Baby was mentioning Roger a couple times I decided to check him out.
His website -
https://www.rogerthisdell.com/

Roger has recently put up his shingle as a teacher. Roger is "a philosophy graduate and meditation teacher who attained MCTB 4th Path on 21st May 2021, resulting in monumental freedom from suffering."
He has free videos and articles to look at.
He is donation based.
He is associated with the Emergent Phenomenology Research Consortium that is Daniel Ingram's current work

I did a video call with Roger and had an enjoyable time chatting about lots of topics. He is a real person, friendly and well spoken.
My vocabulary leans towards Psychology and Roger's towards Philosophy and brain science. We had some translation issues to work out as we used different words to explain similar experiences.
An enjoyable conversation. I do not diagnose attainments without working with people as they get them.
As far as effectiveness as a teacher, it is incumbent to find the right fit for oneself.
Check out his website if you are shopping around for a teacher.

Good Luck,
~D
thumbnail
Bahiya Baby, modified 2 Months ago at 2/17/24 5:00 PM
Created 2 Months ago at 2/17/24 4:55 PM

RE: Roger Thisdell

I like him.

And I would recommend him for those who are mctb literate and looking for same. 

​​​​​​​He gave me some very effective practice tips at a time when I was a bit unsure how to proceed. 

​​​​​​​I have worked with a number of teachers and he is the first I would openly recommend. 

He made a phenomenological reskin of the 4 path model that I am a big fan of. Nothing revolutionary if you're experienced with the 4 path model but I really like that the phenomenology of the path is baked into the name and the diagram that goes with it is awesome. 

https://youtu.be/9hyJxphAPZ8?si=tmbuz9YWwXUHzlI4
thumbnail
Sha-Man! Geoffrey, modified 2 Months ago at 2/17/24 7:09 PM
Created 2 Months ago at 2/17/24 7:09 PM

RE: Roger Thisdell

His 4 path model is interesting, because it definitely highlights a bit of the fractal nature of stuff (like the perceptual upgrades he talks about at paths seem to have their shitty analogies that I've noticed going through the insight stages for the first time).