The body as a gateway for spiritual realization- with Wholeness Work

thumbnail
Erin E Brown, modified 28 Days ago at 4/4/24 7:28 PM
Created 28 Days ago at 4/4/24 7:28 PM

The body as a gateway for spiritual realization- with Wholeness Work

"Wholeness Work is a gentle path to awakening"

This is what Connirae Andreas PhD., an American author and psychotherapist- (world renowned for her work in the field of Neuro-linguistic programming- ) calls her systematic approach to realization. Andreas formulated the question "Who Am I" with her experience of the structure of psychological-transformation to bring something shockingly useful to those who intellectualize awakening and want to go further. This approach is for everyone but is especially useful to those for whom the understanding so-far has only been known intellectually (or in a glimpse)...that we are Oneness.
Wholeness Work has brought the understanding into and through the body, and then even dissolved the concept of body... in an ongoing way. It's changed my whole life and absolutely "worked" to wake me up to my true nature. Somehow, there are no more questions!

I meditated on and off for ten years, haphazardly and because I thought I should. I've been using Wholeness for three years, nearly daily- sometimes for just 5 minutes a day. It was easy to want to because I felt the change. Wholeness has completely changed the direction of my life, from materialism/seeking to love and wanting to deepen (and accelerate) other's experience of awakening also.
I didn't realize until shifts occurred how dissociated I was from the body.
I went to talk therapy- and to substances to ease the pain of lonliness and shame. I was focused on happiness being on the other side of "working through my trauma", which I thought required a lot of talking with professionals and a lot of money. Serendipitously I was offered some instructive sessions (somewhat like a yogic approach- my eyes were closed with a guide talking me through,) that took less than 30 minutes. Integrating 'into and as the field of awareness'- my whole body felt alive with a flow of sensation, and I realized the biggest issue in my life at the time could be "worked through" with a body-approach- without even using words or memory. I never would have even conceived this was possible.

That was three years ago, and now I professionally teach groups and individuals this approach for their own awakening and habit change, through the body. I ceased going to therapy three weeks after starting Wholeness Work- I've never regretted that.

Since using the method a whole new sensitivity has emerged for my husband and I both- every sense is heightened. He is a professional guide who is completely devoted to using Wholeness as a direct way of deepening knowing ourselves as the essence of Being.
He has had physical pain the past few years and Wholeness Work is a consistent source of relief from this and the emotions related to it.

For us both, a wonderful benefit has been losing interest in the narrative of the mind, in gossip or drama of any kind, and generally living in a relaxed and peaceful way most of the time. Complex decisions are made, while having no sense of urgency before they need to be made- they are just made spontaneously. My bank card was stolen a few days ago and I handled the various steps of recovering the funds, making various calls, in total serenity. 
I used to think I wasn't able to have real emotions- I had a hard time laughing or crying with abandon- and now these happen without special circumstances required. I also am able to set boundaries, which I never knew how to do- it's really instinctive now.
I have conversations about complicated situations with others using a gentle, loving approach. I haven't had to go to classes to learn to communicate this way, but feel it emerging from the emptiness and fullness of life itself- through me. It wasn't this way for me before finding Wholeness Work and I had a lot of anxiety about how to 'become better'.

Wholeness work is similar to the Kashmir Shaivism approach of awakening through awareness of specific body sensations. In the East it is sometimes called a Tantric approach, but Connirae Andreas has made it so easy to do on one's own- it's like learning a nursery rhyme, it becomes super easy to recall the process.
I've practiced the nuances of this approach- hundreds of hours accumulated of exploration within the work, and have found consistent and profound shifts. My husband and I have had a completely new experience of our relationship. We know the difference between being and seeing the other person as an object- it being Ego. When oneness is not felt between us we are able to go through the method on our own or guide the other. A beautiful aspect of Wholeness Work is that it goes beyond the content of the mind directly to the sensations in the body. I can help my husband with an issue without him needing to tell me the details of what is bothering him!

If you are interested in finding out more about the work or want to have an introductory session, I'm a certified guide and coach specifically in Wholeness Work. I have studied under the developer herself. I am here to help people wake up to their true Self using the body-approach- a Kashmir Shavism approach made accessible to the average person. Sessions are live online, and one-on-one. My husband and I both offer sessions to individuals, so if you prefer a male or female guide- we both have a deep understanding.

www.wholenesswisdom.com

Breadcrumb