Hearing with the eyes meditation

Change A, modified 11 Years ago at 6/17/12 8:29 PM
Created 11 Years ago at 6/17/12 8:29 PM

Hearing with the eyes meditation

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQuEcVNQEzE
Stian Gudmundsen Høiland, modified 11 Years ago at 6/18/12 8:15 PM
Created 11 Years ago at 6/18/12 8:13 PM

RE: Hearing with the eyes meditation

I don't know how related this is to the technique presented in the video, but not very long ago I noticed that I could "hear sight". I can do it volitionally and there's nothing more to it than to investigate what sound sight is making at any moment. In any circumstance, sight is utterly silent and I can tune into or become aware of this silence.

It seems to me to have something to do with de-coupling the senses from each other, perceiving them as disjointed. Something to do with the mental process(es) that imputes, overlays and/or superimposes the senses. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

Also, it seems that this sense of silence is more pronounced with motion, so, for example, the sight of moving cars can be experienced as a very distinct void of sound.
Change A, modified 11 Years ago at 6/18/12 8:54 PM
Created 11 Years ago at 6/18/12 8:54 PM

RE: Hearing with the eyes meditation

The way the technique presented in the video seems to work for me is that it has made the mind's chatter associated with any sight more apparent and this helps the pure awareness pierce through that and change it into just seeing and just hearing.

So I think that this technique takes away the mental process(es) that overlays and/or superimposes the senses of seeing and hearing.

Breadcrumb