The Science of Soulmates

thumbnail
Brian K, modified 11 Years ago at 7/27/12 7:25 AM
Created 11 Years ago at 7/27/12 7:25 AM

The Science of Soulmates

I've just begun reading today something so interesting I feel the need to post my knowledge of it here before even finishing the book. I think other people here will enjoy it and I would love to see if anyone else has read about this or perhaps inspire people to read about this and see what you guys think about the subject, its pretty nuts. The idea of "The Science of Soulmates" comes from the fundamental existence of reality and purpose of life. It talks about possibilities of the creation of the universe, and talks alot about energy, matter and quantum physics, all that jazz and its relation to spirituality and whatnot. The idea is a departure from the basic spiritual tenet of absolute oneness, to a theory of basic masculine and feminine manifestations of reality. The idea is that the universe, Absolute Reality, God, whatever you want to call it, exists but is unconscious of itself, and the purpose of the Absolute, is the design of intelligence, consciousness, self awareness, and that purpose of that intelligence, is to realize the absolute. The concept is the explanation to the answer, "If we exist for God, why does God exist?" (note that im using 'God' for lack of better here, substitute ultimate reality, nirvana, whatever you want here, thats not the point nor the argument for this), So consciousness exists for the realizations of the ultimate, and the ultimate exists for consciousness to realize it. NOW why this is interesting is because it seems to fit together so well with almost every spiritual tradition. In buddhism we consider enlightenment, nirvana, cessation and the bringing other people to nirvana to be the most important and worthwhile thing for our human existence. Union in yoga. Being one with God in Christianity. Enlightenment in Buddhism and other traditions. Absolute Freedom??? They all seem to point to a convergence of consciousness with that-which-is-not-consciousness (or ordinary consciousness???). Also, what does this theory imply about the fundamental concept of non-duality?? In "The Science of Soulmates" the author takes a very straightforward, logical, and non-dogmatic approach to the nature of existence. I know this forum is about the cessation of suffering, its more of a HOW and not WHY, but the topic is very, very interesting in that it blends modern science with modern day and ancient spirituality, and still takes its foundation on an experiential basis, the author says in the first chapter these things need to be experienced to be comprehended. Anyway, what are other peoples thoughts on this? Thanks for reading.
thumbnail
Brian K, modified 11 Years ago at 7/27/12 8:24 AM
Created 11 Years ago at 7/27/12 8:24 AM

RE: The Science of Soulmates

Also here is the link for the website, where they have information and where u can find the book:

http://www.scienceofsoulmates.com/index.htm
thumbnail
Tommy M, modified 11 Years ago at 7/27/12 4:02 PM
Created 11 Years ago at 7/27/12 4:02 PM

RE: The Science of Soulmates

Union in yoga. Being one with God in Christianity. Enlightenment in Buddhism and other traditions.

I haven't read the book, but this masculine/feminine split is present in every 'spiritual' model I've worked with so far. Each of those systems culminates in some form of union, but Buddhism seems to be quite different in that respect; Buddhism aims towards nibbana, which even the word "union" can't describe since it's devoid of any such opposites that would allow a "union" to take place.

The idea is a departure from the basic spiritual tenet of absolute oneness, to a theory of basic masculine and feminine manifestations of reality. The idea is that the universe, Absolute Reality, God, whatever you want to call it, exists but is unconscious of itself, and the purpose of the Absolute, is the design of intelligence, consciousness, self awareness, and that purpose of that intelligence, is to realize the absolute.

It's not really such a big departure as you may think, the idea of "God" (or whatever) being unconscious of itself is common in a lot of Eastern traditions; the Sufi's have a nice way of describing it, they say that "God" isn't unconscious, just really, really drunk. emoticon

Also, what does this theory imply about the fundamental concept of non-duality??

Non-duality is just one phase of this, don't hang onto it too much 'cause the rabbit hole goes much, much deeper and gets more and more fun by the day!

Breadcrumb