RE: Thought Vibration by William Walker Atkinson N A 9/1/12 7:03 PM
RE: Thought Vibration by William Walker Atkinson Tom M A 9/2/12 10:40 AM
RE: Thought Vibration by William Walker Atkinson fivebells . 9/1/12 4:05 PM
RE: Thought Vibration by William Walker Atkinson Tom M A 9/1/12 5:44 PM
Tom M A, modified 11 Years ago at 8/27/12 4:23 PM
Created 11 Years ago at 8/27/12 4:23 PM

Thought Vibration by William Walker Atkinson

http://www.psitek.net/pages/PsiTekTVContents.html

THE Universe is governed by Law - one great Law. Its manifestations are multiform, but viewed from the Ultimate there is but one Law.

We are familiar with some of its manifestations, but are almost totally ignorant of certain others. Still we are learning a little more every day - the veil is being gradually lifted.

We have passed through the age of physical force on to the age of intellectual supremacy, and are now entering a new and almost unknown field, that of psychic power.

This book makes plain to you the great underlying principles of this new field of energy which is opening up before us, that you may be able to make use of this great power and apply it for legitimate and worthy purposes, just as men are using steam, electricity and other forms of energy today.
thumbnail
Eric B, modified 11 Years ago at 8/27/12 5:11 PM
Created 11 Years ago at 8/27/12 5:11 PM

RE: Thought Vibration by William Walker Atkinson

Spamming troll.
thumbnail
Brian K, modified 11 Years ago at 8/27/12 6:06 PM
Created 11 Years ago at 8/27/12 6:06 PM

Agreed, but i have read this and it is interesting. I was just reading it today. Funny that it was posted here
Tom M A, modified 11 Years ago at 8/28/12 8:20 AM
Created 11 Years ago at 8/28/12 8:20 AM

Eric Bause:
Spamming troll.

Why would you say that?
m m a, modified 11 Years ago at 8/28/12 10:08 AM
Created 11 Years ago at 8/28/12 10:08 AM

I'd say he thinks that because right after you joined, you posted 5 links to stuff that all have one thing in common: a blank entry in the 'Evidence' section on wikipedia.
Tom M A, modified 11 Years ago at 8/28/12 11:39 AM
Created 11 Years ago at 8/28/12 11:39 AM

m m a:
I'd say he thinks that because right after you joined, you posted 5 links to stuff that all have one thing in common: a blank entry in the 'Evidence' section on wikipedia.

I'm not posting these links as "evidence" of anything. I just thought they would fit in after reading much on this forum. But then, what then is evidence? Depending on how you look at it there is ample "evidence" that hemp oil is a near cure all, that hemp paper is better for nature than trees, that hemp fibre is more ecologically sound than sheep farming. There is ample "evidence" that lucid dreaming is actually a reality, that altred states do have a validity. There is also "evidence" that thought creates reality, just ask the authors of the books;)

I don't know why he said I was "a spamming troll". Spam is cannot be classified as, as these are free books not a dime will change hands. Trolling it cannot be classified as, as I have no motive to stir up trouble nor to harass anyone member. I did not break any rules concerning posting. So I'll have to await his reply for clarification.
thumbnail
fivebells , modified 11 Years ago at 8/28/12 11:40 AM
Created 11 Years ago at 8/28/12 11:40 AM

I didn't come to that conclusion, but your pattern of posting is definitely annoying. People mostly discuss pragmatic dharma and related topics here, with a strong emphasis on personal experience. There isn't going to be too much interest in a long string of recommendations for books on completely unrelated topics.
thumbnail
Eric B, modified 11 Years ago at 8/28/12 12:05 PM
Created 11 Years ago at 8/28/12 12:05 PM

fivebells .:
I didn't come to that conclusion, but your pattern of posting is definitely annoying. People mostly discuss pragmatic dharma and related topics here, with a strong emphasis on personal experience. There isn't going to be too much interest in a long string of recommendations for books on completely unrelated topics.

Fivebells, you have nicely summed up why I said what I did!
Tom M A, modified 11 Years ago at 8/28/12 12:15 PM
Created 11 Years ago at 8/28/12 12:15 PM

fivebells .:

I see all this fitting together and do not see any of it as being out of context. I mean, the mind power teachings are about mind as much as material gains. So I could use the teachings to manifest insight into my life just as much as I can to manifest money or other essentials.

Why differeniate?

It seems there are many paths tread upon this forum and under discussion (well sort of). And those who may find these sort of things of interest may welcome the links. I mean, I find hemp totally amazing, just as I do lucid dreaming (others have posted links to such material) and happened to find these links more by chance than anything so I thought I'll pass them on. Anyway I still do not find what I did as wrong or that it could possibly offend unless the person is such a bigot that they need offending to shake them out of their arrogant complacency.
L O, modified 11 Years ago at 8/28/12 3:48 PM
Created 11 Years ago at 8/28/12 3:48 PM

Hi, Tom. If you post links, please do so in the spirit of discussing how they have informed your practice, what you have done according to that information, the results of those practices, how the link ties into the ongoing discussions here on DhO, that kind of stuff. Keep it phenomenological if you can. This is a technical forum, after all. Ta muchly.
Tom M A, modified 11 Years ago at 8/29/12 9:41 AM
Created 11 Years ago at 8/29/12 9:41 AM

[quote=Liam O'Sullivan]Hi, Tom. If you post links, please do so in the spirit of discussing how they have informed your practice, what you have done according to that information, the results of those practices, how the link ties into the ongoing discussions here on DhO, that kind of stuff. Keep it phenomenological if you can. This is a technical forum, after all. Ta muchly.

Maybe I misunderstood, the title of this particular section of the forum is "Books and Websites". So I assumed that the heading meant, post a link and leave it for others to check out if it sounds interesting to them. I'm happy to engage in dialogue concerning the content of the book or whatever, but as I said, I thought this was a links section with no need for further elaboration.

Every link I've posted has relevance to anybody interested in any form of self understanding. If people have too narrow a view of what self understanding means, that's their problem not mine. And I'd say, there are ways to communicate. Name calling or giving orders are not ways to open dialogue. It shows the name caller or one giving orders to be a complete nazi demanding total conformity to their narrow prespective.

I mean if I had to fulfill your set of rules...

1: how they have informed your practice

2: what you have done according to that information

3: the results of those practices

4: how the link ties into the ongoing discussions here on DhO

it could be just a bit ludicrous to say the least, but no being a spoil sport let's do this.

Thought Vibration by W.W. Atkinson.

Rule 1: Helped settle my mind, aided concentration, brought clarity to visualisation skills.
Rule 2: Opened up to new possibilities, questions concerning the very nature of life itself.
Rule 3: Increased happiness, decreased mind chatter, decreased worries, decreased stress, increased wealth, increased ability to directly help family and friends materially.
Rule 4: Everyone on TDO forum is seeking a way towards self understanding or elightenment. Testing such things as meditation or mind power aid that understanding due to the nature of exploring truth. If I find it to work, then I'll work with it. If not, I'll abandon it and communicate why it can't work.

Anyway, every link I've posted can fit into somebody's life on this forum. I do not see why a few should dictate what is suitable and what is not. Say I had a question about aliens, am I not allowed to post that? Say I thought Buddha was an alien and I had supporting evidence, would that be suppressed?

You guys don't know truth, so why act as if you do?
thumbnail
fivebells , modified 11 Years ago at 8/29/12 10:22 AM
Created 11 Years ago at 8/29/12 10:22 AM

Tom M A:
[the title of this particular section of the forum is "Books and Websites". So I assumed that the heading meant, post a link and leave it for others to check out if it sounds interesting to them.

The thing is, I find that the easiest way to get a feel for what's going on here is to go to the "recent discussions" page, which lists posts by age, and doesn't (as far as I know) allow for filtering by section. So when you post five book links in five separate posts, suddenly you have twice as much recent traffic as the rest of the forum combined.
Tom M A, modified 11 Years ago at 8/29/12 11:14 AM
Created 11 Years ago at 8/29/12 11:14 AM

fivebells .:
Tom M A:
[the title of this particular section of the forum is "Books and Websites". So I assumed that the heading meant, post a link and leave it for others to check out if it sounds interesting to them.

The thing is, I find that the easiest way to get a feel for what's going on here is to go to the "recent discussions" page, which lists posts by age, and doesn't (as far as I know) allow for filtering by section. So when you post five book links in five separate posts, suddenly you have twice as much recent traffic as the rest of the forum combined.

Ah, well then I never knew about that then did I? The way I snoop around is via the categories.
thumbnail
Brian K, modified 11 Years ago at 8/31/12 11:37 AM
Created 11 Years ago at 8/31/12 11:37 AM

I see where your coming from. I was the same way when i first starting visiting this forum. And then i found out what fivebells just said, recent posts. And then any random thing u put into books comes up there
Tom M A, modified 11 Years ago at 9/1/12 5:09 AM
Created 11 Years ago at 9/1/12 5:09 AM

Brian K.:
I see where your coming from. I was the same way when i first starting visiting this forum. And then i found out what fivebells just said, recent posts. And then any random thing u put into books comes up there

As they say, we live and learn, but why is it a problem with some, that's what they should be asking themselves, it's just the nature of the forum and beyond the control of users. Big deal if someone comes along and posts lots of links they find useful and assumes other members of this type of forum will do too. It's like if a new member has joined after browsing the messages and decides to reply to quite a few, is that bad etiquette, or perhaps they are just looking for answers or clarification.

I noticed you've been reading this book, got anything out of it?
thumbnail
Brian K, modified 11 Years ago at 9/1/12 11:12 AM
Created 11 Years ago at 9/1/12 11:12 AM

Technically i have it on audio haha. So i listen to it in the car. It's pretty cool. Alot of 'new thought' stuff says the same thing. Now I'm listening to the Master Key System by Charles Haanel. Theyre both interesting.
thumbnail
fivebells , modified 11 Years ago at 9/1/12 4:05 PM
Created 11 Years ago at 9/1/12 4:05 PM

It's not a massive problem, but it's how the "spamming" impression was created, and it is annoying/inconsiderate because most people don't care about the topics of the books you posted.
Tom M A, modified 11 Years ago at 9/1/12 5:44 PM
Created 11 Years ago at 9/1/12 5:44 PM

fivebells .:
It's not a massive problem, but it's how the "spamming" impression was created, and it is annoying/inconsiderate because most people don't care about the topics of the books you posted.

Why call it a problem at all? What are most people attempting to manifest on this site? An enlightened state of mind! Enlightenment encompasses all aspects of life. People who create problems where there are none, create problems. It's called the law of manifestation. Change the mind and no problem exists. I'm sure you'll all agree with that.
Tom M A, modified 11 Years ago at 9/1/12 5:47 PM
Created 11 Years ago at 9/1/12 5:47 PM

Brian K.:
Technically i have it on audio haha. So i listen to it in the car. It's pretty cool. Alot of 'new thought' stuff says the same thing. Now I'm listening to the Master Key System by Charles Haanel. Theyre both interesting.

What I like is the simplicity, it's like the Buddha's teachings, you can get it and practice right away no complicated or contrived methodology involved.
thumbnail
N A, modified 11 Years ago at 9/1/12 6:03 PM
Created 11 Years ago at 9/1/12 6:03 PM

Man, the highest type of life yet produced, at least upon this planet, shows the highest form of Passive mentation, and also a much higher development of Active mentation than is seen in the lower animals, and yet the degrees of that power vary widely among the different races of men. Even among men of our race the different degrees of Active mentation are plainly noticeable

Yay, racism! The book is from 1906 and it shows.

Seriously do yourself a favor and read better stuff
Tom M A, modified 11 Years ago at 9/1/12 6:37 PM
Created 11 Years ago at 9/1/12 6:37 PM

N A:
Man, the highest type of life yet produced, at least upon this planet, shows the highest form of Passive mentation, and also a much higher development of Active mentation than is seen in the lower animals, and yet the degrees of that power vary widely among the different races of men. Even among men of our race the different degrees of Active mentation are plainly noticeable

Yay, racism! The book is from 1906 and it shows.

Seriously do yourself a favor and read better stuff

It has nothing to do with racism really. It's like Buddha poking fun at all and sundry, was he being arrogantly superior? Of course not, he was stating fact.

People do view themselves as different races, different creeds, different groups, etc. Every race, every creed, every group, is an identification with a certain type of collective belief and every race believes they are the very best, they are superior - otherwise they wouldn't breakaway. And yet, as Atkinson points out, even within this 'superior' race, as within every race, there are "the different degrees of Active mentation are plainly noticeable". So no, this race is not so superior after all. What is so racist about that? I'd say that it would be an extremely superficial conformist PC intrepretation to say the guy was being racist.
thumbnail
N A, modified 11 Years ago at 9/1/12 7:03 PM
Created 11 Years ago at 9/1/12 7:02 PM

Tom M A:
What is so racist about that? I'd say that it would be an extremely superficial conformist PC intrepretation to say the guy was being racist.

This is racist: and yet the degrees of that power vary widely among the different races of men.

hope that helps. I don't really understand the rest of your post.

Just for fun, here's more William Walker Atkinson. From http://www.psitek.net/pages/PsiTek-mind-power-Contents.html :

In the heart of Africa today, we find the Voodoo men, or conjurers, or medicine men, well versed in the application of Mind-Power. It was also known among the early American Indians, although their degenerated descendants seem to have lost the knowledge, except in a few instances.

From http://www.psitek.net/pages/PsiTekTSOSContents.html

This Desire-Force is a primitive, elemental thing. It is found in the animal kingdom, and among the lower races of men

*eyeroll*
Tom M A, modified 11 Years ago at 9/2/12 10:40 AM
Created 11 Years ago at 9/2/12 10:40 AM

N A:
Tom M A:
What is so racist about that? I'd say that it would be an extremely superficial conformist PC intrepretation to say the guy was being racist.

This is racist: and yet the degrees of that power vary widely among the different races of men.

hope that helps. I don't really understand the rest of your post.

Just for fun, here's more William Walker Atkinson. From http://www.psitek.net/pages/PsiTek-mind-power-Contents.html :

In the heart of Africa today, we find the Voodoo men, or conjurers, or medicine men, well versed in the application of Mind-Power. It was also known among the early American Indians, although their degenerated descendants seem to have lost the knowledge, except in a few instances.

From http://www.psitek.net/pages/PsiTekTSOSContents.html

This Desire-Force is a primitive, elemental thing. It is found in the animal kingdom, and among the lower races of men

*eyeroll*

Maybe you're just reading too much into it. I'm sure he was using the word race as it was used back then, as in breed. The term was applied to those of colour, those of locality, those of culture, etc. What is the problem with that? That's the way people categorised themselves - and still do.

Atkinson would not have embraced the cultures and teaching of the East if he were a racist, just as Hitler would never have embraced the culture or teachings of the Jews due to the fact he was racist.

As I said, some people do believe they belong to different races/breeds/kinsfolk/cultures/groups/gangs. So we've got all these branches of humanity calling themselves african, asian, caucasian, whatever. In days of old it was more strightforward as it was simply the tribe. So the tribe were all one... one colour, one religion, one ideal.

I'd say it is excruciatingly obvious that some people/races are in a very low state of being; hence the warring tribes, hence the domination of women, hence the glorification of brute power in some cultures. Even in the UK and USA we see that the so-called leaders are but brutes of low intellect and even lower emotional equilibrium. Humanity is in a sad state of degenration, who would dare argue against that fact?

His teaching is not about race, but the potentialities of the mind.

I was reading J. Krishnamurti's books this morning and he often refers to sir, to men, was he a sexist? Yes, it can all get just a bit silly. The first few words of the introduction to The First and Last Freedom were writen by Aldous Huxley and are… Man is an amphibian. I can just hear some feminists screaming “misogynistic bastard”.

There was a very well educated guy who could have used the word Humans rather than Man, but the collective term of the day did obviously include women, and yes, children.

So really, we can all read too much into things, but only when we read through the coloured glasses our own prejudice. The essential point to consider is, does his teaching enslave or emancipate, are they exclusive or inclusive? If they are designed to emanicipate and are inclusive how could they possibly be racist in any way?

Breadcrumb