Meditation Pyramids

Dafit Praidi, modified 11 Years ago at 2/23/13 8:03 AM
Created 11 Years ago at 2/23/13 8:03 AM

Meditation Pyramids

I was wondering if anyone has any experience of meditating with meditation pyramids - that is, the ones you sit in, usually made of copper? Good experiences or bad experiences? Can they really be an aid to meditation? Could they possibly be harmful in some way, or a hindrance to going deeper in meditation?
thumbnail
Joshua, the solitary, modified 11 Years ago at 2/23/13 12:04 PM
Created 11 Years ago at 2/23/13 12:04 PM

RE: Meditation Pyramids

Well the most obvious hindrance is having to carry around a copper pyramid with you encase you get a good vibe on.
Dafit Praidi, modified 11 Years ago at 2/25/13 10:48 AM
Created 11 Years ago at 2/25/13 10:48 AM

Why would you need to carry it around with you? You keep it at home and use it for your regular meditation sittings there.

The question was intended seriously, so a serious answer would be more appreciated. Meditation pyramids have gained in popularity in recent years. One current spiritual movement that I'm aware of have even built a huge pyramid solely for meditation - see here. For this reason I think the subject warrants honest, open investigation.
Adam , modified 11 Years ago at 2/25/13 10:58 AM
Created 11 Years ago at 2/25/13 10:58 AM

Well... Can you think of any power meditation in a pyramid would give you other than through you believing it helps? Personally I can't.
thumbnail
Bailey , modified 11 Years ago at 2/25/13 11:22 AM
Created 11 Years ago at 2/25/13 11:21 AM

I'm sure sitting in a meditation pyramid helps your meditation.

Here are some other things that help your meditation

-sitting in any enclosed space

-sitting in the same spot every day

-sitting on an empty stomach

-sitting facing east

-having your meditation clothes/cusion be a certain color. (white/blue/purple/brown)

-sitting next to an experienced meditator

-sending merit after each sit to the head of your teacher's lineage along with any meditation teachers you have

All these things help. But it is always mind over matter. I would much prefer you to be more equinimous and not care so much about these things than to have everything optimized. That being said when you can do them, sure do them.

-d

Breadcrumb