Parents and Secrets

A Dietrich Ringle, modified 10 Years ago at 6/27/13 9:37 AM
Created 10 Years ago at 6/27/13 9:37 AM

Parents and Secrets

Hey everyone,

Just wanted to share some thoughts here.

I feel like I want to tell others that I feel like I have gone through a difficult period living and practicing at home with my parents. Part of this difficulty perhaps lies in the fact that I have been resistant to and/or afraid of opening up and sharing aspects of my subconscious that want to be released.

What I wanted to share is this:

If you are practicing and want to be able to practice more freely without feeling tied down or heavy or restrained or what have you, consider the effect of secrets. If you could make a mental list of everything disgusting and shameful you have done and confess it to those whom it effects, this could have a liberating effect on your life.
Yes, there might be some short term shockwave like effects, but these are more than made up for in the freedom that is gained from a subconscious freed from the mires of guilt.

Another thing I wanted to share is that for those who struggle with sexual things in your practice and perhaps are intrigued by tantric stuff and what have you, consider the effect of your subconscious in all this:

-If tantric sex between you and some sexy partner sounds fun and comforting and alluring and what have you, consider the tantric couple as your mother and father. If this brings up feelings of aversion or attachment, than you probably have dark secrets that want to come up.
Also, weird sexual overtones or undertones while relating to parents, monks, nuns, bosses, etc might be a clue as well.
I say this as someone still working through my darker issues and not as a high tantrika or anything. This is just something that rings true to me and seems so simple but so difficult to do. So I just wanted to encourage others to take the leap and get it all off your chest and out of your stomach, etc.
Empty it all out! emoticon
Change A, modified 10 Years ago at 6/29/13 9:01 AM
Created 10 Years ago at 6/29/13 9:00 AM

RE: Parents and Secrets

A D R:
Also, weird sexual overtones or undertones while relating to parents, monks, nuns, bosses, etc might be a clue as well.

Nothing is weird. If someone considers something weird in their practice, it will create a block.
A Dietrich Ringle, modified 10 Years ago at 6/29/13 5:07 PM
Created 10 Years ago at 6/29/13 5:07 PM

Ok thanks for clearing that up...
thumbnail
Daniel M Ingram, modified 10 Years ago at 7/1/13 2:25 AM
Created 10 Years ago at 7/1/13 2:25 AM

Humans are extremely complex beings. The aspects of our psyches that are obvious to us swing wide through many extremes,, such that, were we to be able to record all our darkest thoughts and strangest urges and play them back for someone, I suspect everyone would cringe and freak out until enough people did it and we got used to it and realized that all of us are some pretty strange puppies in our inner lives and that is normal.

Yes, there are variants on this theme that are in the realm of too far to some extreme, but for the only slightly pathological most of us who are not practicing psycho killers and baby rapists, we do need to do our best to realize that our minds come up with all sorts of stuff that certainly doesn't fit with the dictates of polite society and elevated social discourse, that we keep the vast majority of that to ourselves, and that is normal.

Breadcrumb