Self Retreater Looking for Companions

Tomer Boyarski, modified 10 Years ago at 10/10/13 8:43 AM
Created 10 Years ago at 10/10/13 8:43 AM

Self Retreater Looking for Companions

Hello EveryBodyyyy!!!
lots of love and good wishes to you all !
I've been on self retreat for almost 2 years now.
Looking for people to share the path with via online video~audio call.
If you're interest please send me a contact request.
My skype username is tomer.boyarski.
thumbnail
Bruno Loff, modified 10 Years ago at 10/11/13 1:49 AM
Created 10 Years ago at 10/11/13 1:49 AM

RE: Self Retreater Looking for Companions

Hey Tomer,

I am planning a long-term self retreat myself, starting in February, and I'd like to ask you a bunch of questions! I'll contact you.

Also: I've recently set up an "online meditation room" which is meant to have people join in and meditate together (each doing his / her own thing). If you'd like, you could "curate" one or two hours every day, and then whomever felt like it could join in during those hours and meditate in company.
thumbnail
tom moylan, modified 10 Years ago at 10/11/13 2:56 AM
Created 10 Years ago at 10/11/13 2:56 AM

Hey you two...
I'm a very big fan of self-retreating.
I think it could be profitable for everyone if these tips, questions, suggestions were openly discussed here.

That's a long retreat. How do you manage it? Is there any interaction with the outside world (other than thsi)?
How do you manage covering the basics of eating, staying warm and dry etc? How strict is the regimen over such a long period?

@Bruno - How long do you plan to go off the radar?

Thanks

Tom
Tomer Boyarski, modified 10 Years ago at 10/14/13 11:39 PM
Created 10 Years ago at 10/14/13 11:39 PM

I always meditate. Even (and maybe especially emoticon ) when I think I'm not. I prefer not to force myself into a formal sitting. Not to have a strict routine. To manifest impermanence. between Jan and April 2012 I did very little formal sitting but I practiced a lot nontheless. in April 2012 I did my first group vipassana retreat with sayadaw vivekenanda. I've had a negative after effect of going but to my home after the excellent vibes of the retreat so April-August 2012 kinda sucked. August-December 2012 I did about 8 hours/day sitting. not because of some self-discipline but because I simply felt like it. there was also some experience in August 2012 when sitting suddenly became comf ortable. Jan 2013 onwards I'm once again doing relatively little formal sitting except for 2.5 weeks in March when I spent basiclly all of my day sitting.

Breadcrumb