Message Boards Message Boards

Europe

London Meetups - report and next one 28th Jan 2014

Toggle
Hey all

There were 11 meditators who braved the cold for the Pragmatic Dharma London meetup in the lovely bike cafe on Old St.

Great bunch, about 4 mahasi / MCTB practicioners, a couple of experienced tibetan buddhist practitioners, and a mixture of other traditions and non-traditions. We talked about path moments, Adyashanti, visualisation practices, psychadelics, mahamudra, the nature of goals in meditation, and shared info about different sitting groups in London... connections were made and I felt it was a really valuable exchange all in all.

So I have scheduled another one for 28th January 2014 - if you are interested in this or other meetups please join on the link below so that you will be notified if anything changes.

http://www.meetup.com/pragmatic-dharma-LDN/events/152968542/

cheers, Anthony

RE: London Meetups - report and next one 28th Jan 2014
Answer
11/27/13 10:51 AM as a reply to Sadalsuud Beta Aquarii.
If you made these on a Saturday in the daytime those of out of town could also make the trip?

We used to do these on a Sat. at 12:00 which was quite doable..

RE: London Meetups - report and next one 28th Jan 2014
Answer
11/29/13 12:05 PM as a reply to Bagpuss The Gnome.
Hi Bagpuss.

I hear what you're saying. I guess in my head I thought it would be people coming from London, so a weekeday eve would be least disruptive and get most people. Then as the first one was on a Tuesday eve, I sort of just wanted to make the next one similar.

I am happy to yield to pressure - is there anyone else out there who would prefer a weekend?

Also I am happy to maybe do an extra meeting?
Like a Saturday in December, we could try it? Would you like to suggest a date?

Bagpuss The Gnome:
If you made these on a Saturday in the daytime those of out of town could also make the trip?

We used to do these on a Sat. at 12:00 which was quite doable..