High Eq/Low IQ [Zendo Calrissian] [MIGRATE]

Migration 62 Daemon, modified 9 Years ago at 5/7/14 4:43 AM
Created 9 Years ago at 5/7/14 4:43 AM

High Eq/Low IQ [Zendo Calrissian] [MIGRATE]

High Eq/Low IQ [Zendo Calrissian]

Zendo Calrissian - 2014-05-01 03:17:51 - High Eq/Low IQ

I'm reasonably certain I'm getting to high eq on a daily basis and have been for a week or so.  I believe this because 1. my concentration has returned to stronger than A&P levels after what essentially felt like having to relearn meditation. 2. Everything in my visual field is vibrational.  Very vibrational--even off the cushion.  If I focus on my body, I can feel it vibrating.  3. My mind has grasped the entire visual field as the object rather than focusing on individual objects.  4.  I have a feeling that I'm on the brink of something major.  I had a similar feeling before A&P. 

My dilemma is I've been hitting the cushion about 4 or 5 hours a day (plus some walking meditation) and I can't seem to get there.  For a while there I think my issue was anticipation.  Every time my concentration would increase I  would get a burst of excitement like 'this is it'!  I have this under control now I think.  I am taking in all experiences with dispassion and feel as though I am in total equanimity. 

I've done a lot of reading on equanimity but any pointers or recommendations on how to proceed would be appreciated.

-------------------

Richard Zen - 2014-05-01 04:04:49 - RE: High Eq/Low IQ

The standard line is to have equanimity towards all formations.  

The following talk has lots of examples of where clinging can appear regarding the practice:

Wisdom of non-duality

Here's Daniel's advice to another poster:

Attention moves around on its own: notice that totally, completely, fully, naturally, just as it is, in the whole field.

It changes all the time: notice all of that.

There is no such thing as attention, just sensations: know that all the way through.

Every quality that implies attention is just more qualities: notice them all without exception until no quality can fool you in this way, as you know it to just be textures, aspects, flavors, colors, sounds, and the like, just sensations, simply sensations.

Everything that appears to be "this side": notice all of that until you are naturally really good at it, every pattern, every familiar and unfamiliar thing.

Everything that appears to be "that side": notice all of that until you are naturally really good at it, every pattern, every familiar and unfamiliar thing.

If you don't have stream entry, you know you have to develop the above further, so do that and keep at it. You know you are missing something, figure out what. It is typically some "core process", such as figuring, wanting, striving, analyzing, expecting, fearing, wondering, and the like: those are all just more sensations: know these patterns as they arise until naturally they are seen as they are. By practice, it becomes habit. When it is habit, then it happens on its own. When it happens on its own, that is one less thing not clearly perceived, one more step closer to being clear about right here.

Simply, easily, clearly, naturally, completely, fully, honestly, devoid of ideals beyond just being with whatever shows up as it changes and fluxes and moves around and vanishes and appears. All the way down, all the way up, all the way through the center.

Do this more than you think you should.

See if that helps,

Daniel

Good luck!

-------------------

Zendo Calrissian - 2014-05-01 04:59:34 - RE: High Eq/Low IQ

Thank you, Richard. I had actually read that post some time ago but it didn't resonate with me at the time.  Now I see things there that do strike a chord.

I will put that advice to use.

Breadcrumb