Phase Problem Graphs

thumbnail
Dada Kind, modified 9 Years ago at 6/2/14 12:54 PM
Created 9 Years ago at 6/2/14 12:54 PM

Phase Problem Graphs

Threw these together real quick. I'm thinking the first one is Reobservation and the second one is Dissolution. Perhaps it's switched. The first graph is sin^2x and cos^2x. Notice that at any value of x the y values add to 1. I don't know if this is profound dharma or merely plain mathematical fact (Pythagorean identity). 'Phenomena' is used loosely

Hope these help someone out there
thumbnail
Daniel M Ingram, modified 9 Years ago at 6/2/14 1:18 PM
Created 9 Years ago at 6/2/14 1:18 PM

RE: Phase Problem Graphs

I have spent a lot of time thinking about those graphs and what the equations would look like.

My thoughts: you have to do this at least 2D with amplitude (which is sort of 3D), but really, to get at the thing well, you have to do it 3D with amplitude also.

Consider: Dissolution is actually like the first image, fear like the second, and reobservation like the third image if it were curling around like it was pasted on the inside of a hemisphere opening towards you, at least attention-wise:
thumbnail
Daniel M Ingram, modified 9 Years ago at 6/2/14 1:21 PM
Created 9 Years ago at 6/2/14 1:21 PM

Not sure why I can't get the images into the post... Thoughts?
thumbnail
Dada Kind, modified 9 Years ago at 6/2/14 1:37 PM
Created 9 Years ago at 6/2/14 1:37 PM

Err, I'm gonna need some explanation about what your graphs represent. Admittedly, mine were under-labelled and loosey-goosey. Yours look out of this world.
My thoughts: you have to do this at least 2D with amplitude (which is sort
of 3D), but really, to get at the thing well, you have to do it 3D with
amplitude also.

Could you elaborate on this? If you specify some criteria for the most complete model you can conceive I'll likely end up making it (or at least trying). I'm a budding math major so I plan to continue geeking out with technical meditation models.

(to include images hit the image button and paste the link after hosting it on something like imgur)
thumbnail
Daniel M Ingram, modified 9 Years ago at 6/3/14 1:29 PM
Created 9 Years ago at 6/3/14 1:29 PM

Take the center of attention and imagine it is the center of the drawing image.

Imagine that the lines show up where things are in phase and there is blackness where things are out of phase.

Fear is actually pretty regular from a phase point of view, though the center is out of phase, as with the rest of the Dark Night stages.

Re-observation is really chaotic but dense with lots of harmonics and richness of the chaos, but is is nearly all peripheral, and the center is out of phase.

Dissolution has very little about the whole field that is in phase at all, being the most out of phase of the Dark Night stages, and perhaps the most out except for things like ñ11.j4.j7 and 11.4.8, which are way out there.
thumbnail
Dada Kind, modified 9 Years ago at 6/3/14 6:27 PM
Created 9 Years ago at 6/3/14 6:27 PM

Ah, that seriously demystified your drawings.

I got the persistent sense that I had seen the second drawing before. It reminds me of the synthetic geometry Frieda Harris included in the Thoth tarot. I proceeded to check a textbook on projective geometry, and sure enough

Very neat.

What are the highest standards you can think of for a complete DN phase model?
thumbnail
Daniel M Ingram, modified 9 Years ago at 6/3/14 11:52 PM
Created 9 Years ago at 6/3/14 11:52 PM

I actually think I have seen it while doing candle flame practices that lead to these spirograph-like presentations that showed me the phase problems in glorious detail.

Those graphs are similar to what I was looking at, which is why I chose them.

Mathematically? It would be hard to come up with the equations. Any serious math geeks here? I could tell them what it looked like and they could try to model it...

Daniel
thumbnail
Dada Kind, modified 9 Years ago at 6/4/14 12:11 PM
Created 9 Years ago at 6/4/14 12:11 PM

I don't have Mathematica at the moment, but maybe this could help

http://demonstrations.wolfram.com/CircleChordEnvelope/
M C, modified 9 Years ago at 6/22/14 4:37 PM
Created 9 Years ago at 6/22/14 4:37 PM

I tend to ask these dumb questions a lot, but that's only because I want to understand.

According to one view it is said that Dark Night is there because during that phase you get to know the suffering aspect of reality.

The phase problem approach implies to me that Dark Night is there because your attention is out of phase with reality.

Is it overly simplistic to present these two views this way? If it is not, how do they reconcile?

If it is, what is a better way to present and reconcile them?

Breadcrumb