Excited for Round 2!

James Christopher Ferber, modified 9 Years ago at 10/2/14 9:06 AM
Created 9 Years ago at 10/2/14 9:06 AM

Excited for Round 2!

Just wanted to drop a quick note to the group about how grateful and excited we are to have accidently found MCTB. It has completely reinvigorated our practice. I started practicing about 16-17 years ago autodidactically and got into some strange places that freaked me out. Had no understanding of what was happening. Living in Las Vegas, I had no other Buddhist to even talk to. Fast forward to now... I live in Seattle now and my practice has gotten into a total rut. I've felt at the group I go to like the advanced kid in school that's bored and starting to fail because I'm being held back by the status quo. I've activly started complaining openly about many things... like how I feel like I'm just calling it in on the cusion, the Mindfulness movement is stripped down Buddhism, the deep intertwining here in the NW with the hippies... I could go on and on. So finding this hardcore movement is probably the most important event in my spiritual life. I feel amazing understood and invigorated to start all over from scratch and attack this enlightenment thing. I'm so ready for this!

-Trick
thumbnail
Karalee Peltomaa, modified 9 Years ago at 10/2/14 9:46 AM
Created 9 Years ago at 10/2/14 9:46 AM

RE: Excited for Round 2!

Hello, James, and you expressed it so well -- I feel your enthusiasm.   This is one forum I would pay to be a member of solely because of the emphasis on dedicated, knowing practice.

Breadcrumb