Looking for noting pong comrades

thumbnail
Simon T, modified 9 Years ago at 10/10/14 6:54 PM
Created 9 Years ago at 10/10/14 6:33 PM

Looking for noting pong comrades

I started doing noting pong using Kenneth's Buddha Pong app and I'm truly impress by the results. Each sessions leaded to notable release of tensions. Noting pong appears to be a nice remedy to many challenges we face in equanimity, being lost in thoughts, boredom, not knowing where do go, etc. It's probably effective in other stages as well. The interaction is truly keeping me alert and the little social anxiey associated with it become a good way to make stress bubble up so it can be released. I had lost the habit of doing noting in my everyday life but social noting is nicely conditioning my mind to allow me to note during everyday activities. 

Following Kenneth example, I started doing detailed noting (only pairs for now) and there is indeed great potential with this approach:
http://kennethfolkdharma.com/2010/08/detailed-noting-is-better/

http://kennethfolkdharma.com/2013/06/1571/

If you have an iPhone, I invite you to install Buddha Pong but for those that cannot use it or want to connect using another system, I invite you to contact me as I have a lot of free time to practice using this technique but there is not always someone available. We can use Line, Skype, Hangouts or https://appear.in/ 

Text me in the chat or send me a private message if you are interested.
thumbnail
Dream Walker, modified 9 Years ago at 10/10/14 7:35 PM
Created 9 Years ago at 10/10/14 7:35 PM

RE: Looking for noting pong comrades

hey, that appear.in looks pretty cool...does it work well?
~D
thumbnail
Simon T, modified 9 Years ago at 10/10/14 8:14 PM
Created 9 Years ago at 10/10/14 7:58 PM

Dream Walker:
hey, that appear.in looks pretty cool...does it work well?
~D

I tried it earlier and it was surprisingly easy to use. I was looking for an easy way for people to connect to each others. Video quality isn't very good (tried it again and realised that the problem was my camera. Quality is pretty good) but we don't activate video in noting pong anyway. Sound quality was good enough. It doesn't work with Explorer but works with recent version of Chrome, Firefox, and Opera, even on Android. They have an iPhone app too. It use WebRTC which is a new standard for voice and video chat. Buddha Pong is based on the same technology and there is many providers for WebRTC right now but appear.in is the most easy to use as it doesn't requires any sign-in.
Derek, modified 9 Years ago at 10/11/14 1:03 AM
Created 9 Years ago at 10/11/14 1:03 AM

I have downloaded and installed the app. However, it's too late to try it out tonight. It'll have to be over the weekend.
thumbnail
Simon T, modified 9 Years ago at 10/11/14 3:15 PM
Created 9 Years ago at 10/11/14 3:15 PM

Derek Cameron:
I have downloaded and installed the app. However, it's too late to try it out tonight. It'll have to be over the weekend.

That's great. Buddha Pong is an exciting project. The 10 minutes format and the random pairing make it very convivial to use. 

Breadcrumb