Guessing Game

thumbnail
Droll Dedekind, modified 5 Years ago.

Guessing Game

Putting this in the T&T section because it's related to a theory of the origin of the unenlightened condition.

Guess the event:
An event that is the culmination of surrendering the bodymind should happen naturally and regularly for all humans but socio-cultural factors impede the full surrender for most.

Hints
: Immediately prior to and during this event pleasure is proportional to surrender. This event is your origin.

Interested to read guesses
thumbnail
SeTyR ZeN, modified 5 Years ago.

RE: Guessing Game

Making love.  Next question pleaase ! ;)
thumbnail
Droll Dedekind, modified 5 Years ago.

Nice emoticon. I was hoping to get a guess of 'fruition' first as I think there's a relation there.

My next question would be more like an essay prompt. Relate enlightenment with sexuality. Would probably take a whole book to do it justice. As of right now I see a theory connecting enlightenment with sexuality woven throughout several works but comprehensively concentrated nowhere. I could see how this theory might offend some, seem crazy to some, etc but for now it seems compelling to me.

EDIT:
And, Chris, the point was experimentation and amusement. The hints are easily read as mystical/pertaining-to-enlightenment-as-understood-around-here, but with a slight shift they read sexually. Ideally the reader should realize this and then further comparisons. Not an original idea
thumbnail
Chris J Macie, modified 5 Years ago.

Droll Dedekind: Putting this in the T&T section because it's related to a theory of the origin of the unenlightened condition.

(Unfortunately, I don't recognize "T&T", and can't see a likely candidate among the top-level categories; and one can't tell what the lineage of a thread is without going back to the top level and searching.)

Nonetheless... "origin" -- samsara, tanha, kilesas come to mind, but tenuously, and a bit too orthodox for DhO.

Guess the event:
An event that is the culmination of surrendering the bodymind should happen naturally and regularly for all humans but socio-cultural factors impede the full surrender for most.

"Naturally and regularly" point to things like breathing, eating, sleeping, and reproduction, and "socio-cultural factors" play less a role in the first three. "Surrender" -- some context of conflict?

Hints: Immediately prior to and during this event pleasure is proportional to surrender. This event is your origin.

"Pleasure :: Surrender"?
Origin of organism / body (reproduction / sexuality)?
Origin of "self" (ignorance / delusion)?

Interested to read guesses

Interesting making them too. 'Nothing' unambiguously comes to mind (and suññatā itself wouldn't be an event).

SeTyR ZeN's guess makes sense, but then what's the point?