Retreat Sangha

Simeon Metev, modified 8 Years ago at 7/20/15 9:55 AM
Created 8 Years ago at 7/20/15 9:53 AM

Retreat Sangha

First, thank you for taking the time.

Second, I’d like to state that even though I consider myself a World Citizen, I happen to be under the political oppression and restriction of division – as an EU Citizen.

I would like to follow pratimoksa in a secluded and self-sufficient sangha with retreat options (think: life-long sadhana).

I understand that desire leads to dukkha and even this endeavor leads to dukkha itself as there are still expectations to be met. Nevertheless, my hope is that I will find a sangha that will suit my goals.

Please, kindly refer me to such sangha. Thank you once again for your time and consideration. I look forward to hearing from you soon. 
thumbnail
katy steger,thru11615 with thanks, modified 8 Years ago at 7/20/15 4:29 PM
Created 8 Years ago at 7/20/15 4:26 PM

RE: Retreat Sangha

Hi.

In Europe there is a new entity forming Samita. https://sujatogermany.wordpress.com, committed to non-heirarchy, I think, between laity and monastic, nor between genders. There are also campuses formed by Thich Nhat Hahn where one can live in silence and be in community. (Just look around and spend some time there, see  if the cultures suit you and if  you suit them or if both you and they are very flexible and without conceit).

You might also consider Pa Auk Sayadaw in Burma, if you want monastic reclusism.

Or you might live simply and make the commitment on your own, autonomous, reliable to yourself, work in something that does not give rise to ethical compromise/harm of others, live within own means and finish whatever you may have started, including care of parents in their old age and sickness, if possible, and cultivate personal sadhana, being an island unto yourself, in sati and meditation.

Breadcrumb