Looking fro teacher in Dallas Fort Worth

Darrell, modified 8 Years ago at 9/13/15 10:42 PM
Created 8 Years ago at 9/13/15 10:42 PM

Looking fro teacher in Dallas Fort Worth

Moving to D/FW in two weeks. I've been searching the net looking for someone, or some place where I can get some person to person instruction, as well as a place for associating with good company aka a sangha. I've found some Vietnamese and Korean Buddhist temples/churches. I found a Thai place, but it doesn't seem they offer meditation instruction/guidance. And of course there's the Dhamma Siri for Goenka Vipassana, but I'll get to do that twice a year at best, and I'm not sure I want to commit to the Goenka method anyway.

Anyway, if anyone here knows of someone or even a group that could serve this purpose, I'd appreciate hearing from you. I know there's much that doesn't show up on the internet.

I'm going to be in Arlington specifically, but am willing to drive some.
Darrell, modified 8 Years ago at 9/18/15 9:07 PM
Created 8 Years ago at 9/18/15 9:07 PM

RE: Looking fro teacher in Dallas Fort Worth

Bummer. 
thumbnail
katy steger,thru11615 with thanks, modified 8 Years ago at 9/21/15 1:54 AM
Created 8 Years ago at 9/21/15 1:47 AM

Pearland is about 4 hours from Dallas, but I had some time to study with the Zen monk, Venerable Thich Tri Hoang. If you like driving, you may be able to rideshare and also have just driving-mindfulness, which I find very relaxing. I was very glad to practice with him. Very much a listener to many people in/about their practice and investigations and views, non-invasive, considered replies, mindful rising and sitting. I would take his Dharma Training if I were nearby simply to observe more and practice with this person. I only had a few months to study with him; perhaps see for yourself.

Pháp Nguyên Temple
1838 County Road 129
Pearland, TX

Venerable Thich Tri Hoang
Dharma Training Order Founder
Tel: (281) 992.2921
Darrell, modified 8 Years ago at 9/21/15 9:47 PM
Created 8 Years ago at 9/21/15 9:47 PM

Thank you for that Katy. It's a start. As you said, he may be able to direct me to someone in my area. It's worth my time to talk to him.

I appreciate your response.

Breadcrumb