Jacki, modified 7 Years ago at 9/5/16 12:35 AM
Created 8 Years ago at 11/1/15 4:03 PM

practice log

practice log
thumbnail
Karalee Peltomaa, modified 8 Years ago at 11/1/15 9:52 PM
Created 8 Years ago at 11/1/15 9:52 PM

RE: practice log --- self inquiry and non-duality practice

So, from what you report as a result of self-enquiry, there is really not much to say about ourselves except that we are aware of being aware. That has been my conclusion when I've had a very good look. Everything I ever thought was me is not me and everythng I thought was not me is from me. I can get into the viewpoint of having caused everything, and into a viewpoint that wants to surprise itself. I think the problem lies in getting myself stuck.

To carry on from awareness of awareness, I seem to have the desire to know, and to create. It seems that what is important is what I say is important and I seem to have an URGE from which I form goals, and creations to fulfill those goals which seems to give me desired sensations, such as bliss. And my interactions seem to be stuck in a postulated and created universe that includes time and so I have a past that I can get stuck with.

My current practice involves self-enquiry into Life and its purposes, and re-discovering how to be complementary with the original intent of this universe. On a visceral level it is some work to get unglued from the hellishness of non-life viewpoints and interactions. I think the Buddha went far in achieving this while he sat unflinching under the Bodhi tree.

From above, my next logical self enquire as aware of being aware, is, "Do I have a basic urge? If so, what is it?". I take it from there, from whatever answers I get. The further I go with this logically methodical questioning the better I see how I arrived at my current condition within this particular universe/mind.... End of disconnect.

Jacki, modified 7 Years ago at 9/5/16 12:36 AM
Created 8 Years ago at 11/2/15 8:39 PM

practice log

practice log
Jack Hatfield, modified 8 Years ago at 11/4/15 11:55 AM
Created 8 Years ago at 11/4/15 11:55 AM

Jaki,

How do you do self-inquiry? I find some people might be better served if they do self-inquiry in a different way.

One example: If you wanted to see what was in a box, you wouldn't just keep saying, what is in the box. You would look in it.
Jacki, modified 7 Years ago at 9/5/16 12:37 AM
Created 8 Years ago at 12/10/15 2:01 PM

RE: practice log

RE: practice log
Derek, modified 8 Years ago at 12/11/15 6:55 AM
Created 8 Years ago at 12/11/15 6:55 AM

Jacki:

I do find "who am i" to be a bit too conceptual.

Yes, the problem with "Who am I" is that educated Westerners think they're being asked to produce a verbal answer.

It's intended to be more like a goad to direct the mind inward. The object of attention becomes the nature of experience itself, and in particular the experience of a sense of personal identity -- which turns out, when investigated, to be about as solid as a mirage.

Breadcrumb