Attn Richard Louis Corbeil

Darrell, modified 7 Years ago at 2/12/17 8:13 AM
Created 7 Years ago at 2/12/17 8:13 AM

Attn Richard Louis Corbeil

Hi,

You sent a PM to me and I am unable to access it. I had a temporary account when I was unable to access this one, but resolved that issue. Please re-send your message to this user account. Thank you
thumbnail
Geoff W, modified 7 Years ago at 2/12/17 8:14 AM
Created 7 Years ago at 2/12/17 8:14 AM

RE: Attn Richard Louis Corbeil

Looks like a spam campaign or something else.  Other thread on it here:

http://www.dharmaoverground.org/discussion/-/message_boards/message/6011380
Steve Anonymous, modified 7 Years ago at 2/12/17 8:22 AM
Created 7 Years ago at 2/12/17 8:22 AM

Yes, I got a PM for a private message from him, but no message actually being there.
Darrell, modified 7 Years ago at 2/12/17 8:54 AM
Created 7 Years ago at 2/12/17 8:54 AM

A spampaign!? The bastages. Okay, thanks for letting me know.
Eva Nie, modified 7 Years ago at 2/12/17 9:22 AM
Created 7 Years ago at 2/12/17 9:22 AM

Same here
Douglas Joseph Tataryn, modified 7 Years ago at 2/12/17 9:51 AM
Created 7 Years ago at 2/12/17 9:51 AM

hahaha   I got one from him too, which got me to press on the link and find the site had changed enough that I could reset my password.   I have been locked out for over 5 years and couldn't find a way to do anything about it, no one ever responded to my emails, etc.    This new site allowed me back in.   Time to see what's going on in here lately.
thumbnail
baba ganoush, modified 7 Years ago at 2/12/17 10:00 AM
Created 7 Years ago at 2/12/17 9:59 AM

It's a spam or a hack. i could not login then after resetting my password DHO said 'you can't use the same one'.
So i looked at the original email headers, it came from server.gottalovefruitbats.com whch i suspect is not DHO.

Nothing wrong with fruit bats, they might be 4th path, but I'm going to change my password again.
thumbnail
Daniel M Ingram, modified 7 Years ago at 2/12/17 10:06 AM
Created 7 Years ago at 2/12/17 10:06 AM

gottalovefruitbats is actually the DhO, oddly enough, a wimsical artifact of how we did an upgrade a while ago, as that was the test server that then became the real server

I have emailed the user who sent the messages (likely to the entire DhO) to see what they are about. Hopefully, we will hear a response.

Daniel
Administrator of the DhO
Simon Liu, modified 7 Years ago at 2/12/17 11:12 AM
Created 7 Years ago at 2/12/17 11:12 AM

Unfortunately, I checked the inbox from my smartphone and it opened up an image of snow scene from weather channel. I will not log into anything from my smartphone from now on. Image can hide Trojan horse that copy passwords. Dont open any inbox from now on. Go to dharmaoverground website to check inbox instead of opening from email link.
thumbnail
Daniel M Ingram, modified 7 Years ago at 2/12/17 11:58 AM
Created 7 Years ago at 2/12/17 11:58 AM

Richard responded to my email. The message was an attempt to reach me, apparently. He sent it to the whole group, he says, not knowing what else to do, he says.

So, ignore it, as it was meant for me.

Thanks,

Daniel
Richard C, modified 7 Years ago at 2/12/17 11:59 AM
Created 7 Years ago at 2/12/17 11:59 AM

Darrell:
Hi,

You sent a PM to me and I am unable to access it. I had a temporary account when I was unable to access this one, but resolved that issue. Please re-send your message to this user account. Thank you

Everyone,

Sorry but it was not a hack or spam.  I just joined this site and was just trying to contact the site admin about some bugs I found, but could not determine who was the site admin and the 'Recipients' function does not work well for find Daniel Ingram.  I did not know that your site messaging would forward my message to everyones email, but did not send the message.  If you had seen the message you would have just disregarded it and perhaps the site admin would have been notified to take some action.  Here is the text of the message I sent:

I am sending this message to all the accounts since I could not find any of the accounts listed as 'DhO Management and Moderators' and there is no Site contact like most web sites have. I could not find the listed management and moderators listed in the pop up menu of 'Private Message/Recepients', which also seems to prompt with entries listed in no particular order no matter what I type.

The main problem I have found is that many of your links to entries in the 'DhO Dictionary' are broken.  To find them just hover over a word entry and check the displayed link path in your browser.  If it is very long and you can see something like the following then it is broken:

http://www.dharmaoverground.org/dharma-wiki?p_p_id=36&p_p_lifecycle=0&p_p_state=normal&p_p_mode=view&p_p_col_id=column-1&p_p_col_count=1&_36_struts_action=%2Fwiki%2Fedit_page&_36_redirect=http...

A good one looks like:

http://www.dharmaoverground.org/dharma-wiki/-/wiki/Main/anagami  

Good links can be found on your 'Wiki/All Pages' page.  

Also, 'Recepients' seems to be spelled wrong on your 'Private Messages' page.

Sorry for any inconvenience this message to all might cause, but I am hoping it will reach someone who can fix this problem. I am a new member and wanted to see the definition you give for certain terms.

It should not happen again.
thumbnail
Chris M, modified 7 Years ago at 2/12/17 12:30 PM
Created 7 Years ago at 2/12/17 12:29 PM

I am sending this message to all the accounts since I could not find any of the accounts listed as 'DhO Management and Moderators' and there is no Site contact like most web sites have. 

Hey Richard Louis Corbeil, I guess you didn't look very closely at the site's home page? See here:

http://www.dharmaoverground.org/web/guest/dharma-wiki/-/wiki/Main/DhO+Management+and+Moderators

emoticon
Richard C, modified 7 Years ago at 2/12/17 3:24 PM
Created 7 Years ago at 2/12/17 3:24 PM

Chris Marti:
I am sending this message to all the accounts since I could not find any of the accounts listed as 'DhO Management and Moderators' and there is no Site contact like most web sites have. 

Hey Richard Louis Corbeil, I guess you didn't look very closely at the site's home page? See here:

http://www.dharmaoverground.org/web/guest/dharma-wiki/-/wiki/Main/DhO+Management+and+Moderators

emoticon
Chris,

I tried those first but they were not resolvable by the message recipients part of the messaging service.  Here is a copy from that above referenced page:
  • Florian (aka Monkey Mind)
  • Claudiu (aka Beoman Claudiu Dragon Emu Fire Golem)
  • Nikolai
  • Jake
  • Dreamwalker
  • Daniel Ingram
The list of emails for them that is mentioned after the above was not accessible as far as I could figure out.

Just to let you know I am a computer programmer with 40 years of experience, and build my own PCs, so I do know how much of this technology works. As there was no way of knowing how many users where on this site, that it would forward email to them and not be just contained in the messaging service, and that my message would not come through, so I did not realize it would cause so much trouble. That is why I was quick to apologize to everyone. 

On a technical note my guess of why the message did not come through is that the choice of 'All Users' is resolved at the point of sending the message to the emails as I see it in my Outbox message with recipients listed as 'All Users'.  I did not get an Inbox copy as I should have being one of the 'All Users' group, so this means the space for recipients is limited and if alphabetical then my ID of 'Richard...' is fairly far down that list and beyond its space limitations.  If true, then luckily not all 5000 accounts on this site received my message.  My guess is maybe only 1000 or so.  However, most likely the list of names wrote over all the remaining space of the message including the message itself and its HTML or XML, etc. object delimiters, so the message came through as empty in the email with only the initial from/to/message header information remaining. Not sure if I am correct about this but it seems to me as a plausible explanation.

Thank you for your feedback and again I am sorry for any confusion I caused. 

'Buddha be praised!' (NOTE: I saw that line in a subtitle to an old Chinese movie being spoken by an old Chinese monk and it seemed appropriate to use here.)

Richard

emoticon
C P M, modified 7 Years ago at 2/12/17 3:40 PM
Created 7 Years ago at 2/12/17 3:40 PM

On the positive side, I haven't seen so many users online at once, or so many new posts in one day.
thumbnail
Chris M, modified 7 Years ago at 2/12/17 5:15 PM
Created 7 Years ago at 2/12/17 5:15 PM

The list of emails for them that is mentioned after the above was not accessible as far as I could figure out. 

Yes, you're right, and I'm a real dumbass for not trying that myself.

So the ball, it would seem, is in the court of Daniel Ingram and the other moderators here -- can you folks make it easy to contact you? It should be. If someone with Richard's experience in technology can't find you to get an answer to a question then... Houston, we have a problem.
thumbnail
Daniel M Ingram, modified 7 Years ago at 2/12/17 5:31 PM
Created 7 Years ago at 2/12/17 5:31 PM

Alright, so how is it that people contact me all the time to reset lost passwords and the like? Where are they getting my contact information?

Still, I will try to do something about this, update the wiki with better contact information.

Daniel
J C, modified 7 Years ago at 2/12/17 5:40 PM
Created 7 Years ago at 2/12/17 5:39 PM

It's on this page: http://www.dharmaoverground.org/faqs

ETA: for some reason that doesn't show up correctly on mobile. It's the FAQ link above.
thumbnail
Stirling Campbell, modified 7 Years ago at 2/12/17 8:59 PM
Created 7 Years ago at 2/12/17 8:59 PM

Ah, Richard,

No good deed goes unpunished. emoticon

Welcome aboard!
thumbnail
Chris M, modified 7 Years ago at 2/13/17 7:09 AM
Created 7 Years ago at 2/13/17 7:07 AM

Alright, so how is it that people contact me all the time to reset lost passwords and the like? Where are they getting my contact information?
Daniel, your e-mail address is indeed on this website as J C says, but it's also on your personal site (Integrated Daniel) and that comes up as the third item when I Google you, so maybe that's how they obtain it. Anyway, I do think who to contact here for assistance - and not just you - could be made much more obvious.

JMHO

Breadcrumb