Looking for potential bloggers

Al B, modified 15 Years ago at 6/26/08 9:31 AM
Created 15 Years ago at 6/26/08 9:31 AM

Looking for potential bloggers

Forum: Dharma Overground Discussion Forum

Hi everyone,

I'm looking to get a group blog going over at http://www.onesangha.org. This is the work that I was originally going to do at OpenBuddha.com but I liked the thrust of this better and a friend had the domain.

Anyway... I'm looking to get four or five people interested in blogging at least once a week each. I'm hoping to get people from a variety of traditions (say, a Zen practitioner, a Theravadan or Insight Meditation practitioner, a Vajrayana practitioner, etc.) to write posts there. They can be lightweight or heavyweight, depending on the person (I've only been a Buddhist for six years so I'm hardly the most experienced person to write). The idea is to have posts about any Buddhist topics of interest to the authors but with an overall thrust, as a whole for the site, on the unity of Buddhism. That doesn't have to feed into the posts constantly but, I hope, will grow out of having people from different traditions post.

I'm open to people posting under their own name, anonymously (to the public) or using a regular pseudonym if it would allow people to feel free to post their thoughts without worrying about political repercussions.

If anyone here is especially interested or knows someone who might be, feel free to post here or contact me directly. I'm "albill" on the domain "arcanology.com" for e-mail. I blog at http://www.arcanology.com for those that don't know me.
Hokai Sobol, modified 15 Years ago at 6/26/08 10:26 AM
Created 15 Years ago at 6/26/08 10:26 AM

RE: Looking for potential bloggers

Good luck, Al. I'm sure some of the guys here could give a hand, or cross-post from their own blogs. My input: you may want to consider redesigning the header to simply "one sangha", the present being a bit reminiscent of "Ein Volk, ein Reich, ein Führer'". Gassho
Al B, modified 15 Years ago at 6/26/08 12:04 PM
Created 15 Years ago at 6/26/08 12:04 PM

I hear you but I'm not going to do so. :-)

It's been over 60 years and most of the world isn't Europe, I think we can live with this one. I like the banner (and I didn't make it anyway).

As to cross-posting, I'm not really interested in that. If I wanted to do that, I would set up a Planet site and pull in feeds from a dozen Buddhist blogs or something. Reprinting content from other blogs begs the question of "Why don't I just go read those at the other blogs?"
Hokai Sobol, modified 15 Years ago at 6/26/08 12:52 PM
Created 15 Years ago at 6/26/08 12:52 PM

Cool. Good point on cross-posting. Again, good luck!

Breadcrumb