Best features of the new DhO

Craig N, modified 14 Years ago at 9/9/09 3:29 PM
Created 14 Years ago at 9/9/09 3:29 PM

Best features of the new DhO

Hi all

It's very cool to be posting on the new site, I thought I would get the ball rolling rather than holding back and waiting for others to post.

So far I have only checked out the Discussions area, so I thought this might be a good opportunity for anyone interested to comment on any cool features they have found. As I find things of note I will add to this thread.

Has anyone else noticed that because the registration form asks for Firstname Middlename Lastname all of our posts are signed by our full names, giving the site an air of formality? I have had a few chuckles about it already. It says something about the obviously very natural tendency of humans to follow instructions as requested when there are no reasons to doubt the instructions. I will probably go remove my middle name from my profile now.

Craig
Bob H, modified 14 Years ago at 9/9/09 5:03 PM
Created 14 Years ago at 9/9/09 5:03 PM

RE: Best features of the new DhO

I agree, Craig. The instant messaging is a nice touch too. I've changed my "Settings" so now I see "You are a pairwise progression" in the status bar emoticon

And it's nice to have more screen real estate available now that the DhO logo is more reserved.

Thank you to Daniel for all the hard work.

Metta,
Bob
thumbnail
Dan Bartlett, modified 14 Years ago at 9/10/09 12:07 PM
Created 14 Years ago at 9/10/09 12:07 PM

RE: Best features of the new DhO

Howdy!

My link to the new site goes straight to the recent posts page:
http://www.dharmaoverground.org/web/guest/discussion/-/message_boards/recent_posts

From there I can see all the active topics across the board. Any bolded thread is either one I haven't read or one with a new post. Very handy :-)
thumbnail
Chris Marti, modified 14 Years ago at 9/11/09 9:42 AM
Created 14 Years ago at 9/11/09 9:42 AM

Hard to Read New Color Scheme

Good morning. Just a quick bit of feedback on the background/highlight colors, apparently new this morning: there is not enough contrast between the shades of blue making it very hard to read the site today. Now, granted, I'm old, so you may want to get others' opinion before you change anything.

- Chris Marti

Breadcrumb