Everything Becomes Dream Like

Jason Lissel, modified 13 Years ago at 10/14/10 9:31 PM
Created 13 Years ago at 10/14/10 9:31 PM

Everything Becomes Dream Like

Why is it that when I continuously pay attention to how I'm experiencing this moment of being alive as sensately as I can, everything starts to feel like a lucid dream? It's like I'm slightly dissociated. What am I doing wrong?
thumbnail
tarin greco, modified 13 Years ago at 10/15/10 2:45 AM
Created 13 Years ago at 10/15/10 2:45 AM

RE: Everything Becomes Dream Like

what makes you think you're doing something wrong? your mind's probably starting to open up to what's possible. are things getting kind of vivid? you may be lucid but this isn't a dream. keep paying attention to how you're experiencing this moment of being alive.
Jason Lissel, modified 13 Years ago at 10/15/10 3:08 PM
Created 13 Years ago at 10/15/10 3:20 AM

RE: Everything Becomes Dream Like

Excellent! I thought I may have been doing it wrong because of the sense of dissociation, although I'm not really sure if that's what it was.

In the first few days I was having minor EEs. Now things are pretty normal (not vivid), as I haven't really been putting in as much effort because I'm never sure of what I'm doing and not believing something as extraordinary as a PCE could happen. Another thing is feeling neither good nor bad, so it's like a small sense of failure each time I ask HAIETMOBA because success is feeling good/fascination/an EE/a PCE so anything less must be a bit of a failure.... I guess I have to work at a level below feeling good, 'not feeling bad'?

Just experimented a little with having 'not feeling bad' as my goal... Definitely better! I just get back to neutral and then the little success tips me over to feeling good.