blurry vision after meditating?

thumbnail
Beoman Claudiu Dragon Emu Fire Golem, modified 13 Years ago at 1/28/11 5:04 PM
Created 13 Years ago at 1/28/11 5:04 PM

blurry vision after meditating?

anybody get blurry vision after meditating? I had to interrupt one of mine about 20 mins in, and my vision was really blurry right after opening my eyes. even now, ~5 mins later, is till can't see quite as clearly as i could before going for the sit.

any reasons why it happens (it hasn't always happened) and how to fix it potentially (besides waiting another 10 mins, lol)?
thumbnail
tarin greco, modified 13 Years ago at 1/28/11 8:20 PM
Created 13 Years ago at 1/28/11 8:19 PM

RE: blurry vision after meditating?

either it's a nana (cycle) thing, or you're straining around your head and eyes too much when you're sitting. if the former, it will resolve itself (and you would be best served by paying attention to the sensations of the world coming in and out of focus because that's where the insight is); if the latter, release the strain-causing tension, perhaps diffusing it around the rest of your body (feeling sensations uniformly all over the body rather than at and around the eyes). if you have a tendency to concentrate attention on the front-side of your body and up at the head, compensating for it by feeling out more toward the back of the head as well as the back and bottom of the body may help. also, feeling your whole body breathe is a good overall exercise.

tarin
thumbnail
Beoman Claudiu Dragon Emu Fire Golem, modified 13 Years ago at 1/31/11 12:12 PM
Created 13 Years ago at 1/31/11 12:12 PM

RE: blurry vision after meditating?

tarin greco:
either it's a nana (cycle) thing, or you're straining around your head and eyes too much when you're sitting. if the former, it will resolve itself (and you would be best served by paying attention to the sensations of the world coming in and out of focus because that's where the insight is); if the latter, release the strain-causing tension, perhaps diffusing it around the rest of your body (feeling sensations uniformly all over the body rather than at and around the eyes). if you have a tendency to concentrate attention on the front-side of your body and up at the head, compensating for it by feeling out more toward the back of the head as well as the back and bottom of the body may help. also, feeling your whole body breathe is a good overall exercise.

tarin

thanks for the reply. i believe it is the latter. (the world wasn't even coming in and out of focus, it was just out of focus upon opening my eyes and gradually reverted to normal.) in another sit i felt sharp tingling nerve-pain near my eye. i was averse to it, and so tried to relax and not be afraid of it, which made it happen a few more times, but then the next day or two that area hurt when closing my eye.

if it gets that intense again i will try to shift my focus, or just take a break if that doesn't work.

Breadcrumb