2 questions for Arahats / past Arahats

Mikha Rlin, modified 13 Years ago at 4/18/11 2:40 PM
Created 13 Years ago at 4/18/11 2:30 PM

2 questions for Arahats / past Arahats

1. Did you felt, while in Arahatship, that the ultimate fulfillment of existence lies ‘elsewhere’ – after physical death?
2. Did you felt, before Arahatship, that there's some path to some god-on-earth state which involves having a special sort of woman which is also headed in that direction / is there (for women - a special sort of man which is also headed in that direction / is there)?
thumbnail
Nikolai , modified 13 Years ago at 4/18/11 5:21 PM
Created 13 Years ago at 4/18/11 2:46 PM

RE: A question for Arahats / past Arahats

Mikha Rlin:
Did you felt, while in Arahatship, that the ultimate fulfillment of existence lies ‘elsewhere’ – after physical death?

If you are referring to MCTB 4th path, I would not equate that to the original meaning of what an arahat is. At MCTB 4th path, I couldn't tell you what ultimate fulfillment of existence is. And after death? I have no idea as I'm still alive. And a feeling "me" still clamouring for attention (although getting less and less of it) Wooooooooot!

1. No! Although post MCTB 4th (which may be more like the real sakadagami stage of fetter model), it is obvious that there are still things to work on. But I don't think freedom from suffering is found elsewhere but this very body and mind.

2. No! My wife doesnt meditate nor understand what I do most of the time. It wasn't neccessary for her to understand for me to progress. The poor thing bore the brunt of my dark night episodes at times though. Almost pushed here over the edge, but we got through it. And what is the god-n-earth state? Sounds like a jhana I haven't experienced yet. Hehe!

Nick
Mikha Rlin, modified 13 Years ago at 4/19/11 3:12 PM
Created 13 Years ago at 4/19/11 3:12 PM

RE: A question for Arahats / past Arahats

Nikolai Blue Mountains Bush Yowie*:
Mikha Rlin:
Did you felt, while in Arahatship, that the ultimate fulfillment of existence lies ‘elsewhere’ – after physical death?

If you are referring to MCTB 4th path, I would not equate that to the original meaning of what an arahat is. At MCTB 4th path, I couldn't tell you what ultimate fulfillment of existence is. And after death? I have no idea as I'm still alive. And a feeling "me" still clamouring for attention (although getting less and less of it) Wooooooooot!

1. No! Although post MCTB 4th (which may be more like the real sakadagami stage of fetter model), it is obvious that there are still things to work on. But I don't think freedom from suffering is found elsewhere but this very body and mind.

2. No! My wife doesnt meditate nor understand what I do most of the time. It wasn't neccessary for her to understand for me to progress. The poor thing bore the brunt of my dark night episodes at times though. Almost pushed here over the edge, but we got through it. And what is the god-n-earth state? Sounds like a jhana I haven't experienced yet. Hehe!

Nick

Nicely put =]